I'm Sorry Krumkake

Finland

I was laying on my bed, it was extremely early I think around 4 or 5 am. Four days passed since I came back. I searched around my bed with my eyes closed, I finally felt the soft fabric underneath my fingers and pulled the object close. I put it near my face and breathed in. The smell of many years I spend sleeping under this blanket mesmerized me. I missed it...

I loved living with Estonia, it was amazing. Today I'm even going to check out the apartment we are planning to rent but in the end, it will never be something like this place. The old wooden floors, crayon drawings on the walls, the old armchairs...my siblings...

I threw the blanket away and sat down on my bed. Common Finland get yourself together. I took the hairband that I was wearing on my arm and tied my hair up into a messy ponytail. I shivered as my feet touched the cold floor for the first time.

Walking up to my drawer I thought how happy I am to be back. I opened up one of the shelves and picked out a t-shirt I giggled seeing which one it was. I got it as a present from Sweden "say no to drugs kids", well he's the one to talk.

I put it on and decided to just stay in my pajama sweatpants. I opened up the door and walked outside. While going down the stairs I heard some noise coming from the kitchen. I looked in that direction and saw Norway preparing some food.

- Norway? Shouldn't you be at work?

- I took a day off.

My eyebrows raised in surprise.  Norway never takes days off. I can't remember the last time she did. I looked at her face not trying to make it obvious. I saw dark circles around her eyes and they were red. It's probably another nightmare...a bad one...

- Em well...wanna come with me to the city?

She looked up at me, I saw a shine in her eyes.

- The city? I haven't been there since we were kids...

- Then you definitely have to go!

My sister looked down at the counter and thought for a bit. After a few seconds, she sighed and smirked.

- Sure, it's better than seating here heh

I love her. I love her so goddamn much. I love to see her smile...

- Well, get ready then we need to be fast.

She nodded and quickly walked away with her coffee. I started putting on my shoes, she was back in no time. I haven't seen her in her casual clothing for a long time.

She was wearing a yellow button-up shirt and high waisted jeans. She put on her black boots and we walked up to the door together. We got to my car as fast as possible and I turned the engine on.

The drive doesn't take long, maybe half an hour or so. I can't wait to see the city again. I wonder how much it changed. The first time we went there, oh my god it was precious. I and Norway were so close back then.

- Look Finland! A pigeon! I'm gonna catch it!

- Noway don't do wit.

She giggled at my speech issues.

- Okay, "Finwand" I won't!

- MEANIE

I snickered not even realizing it and Norway turned around to me.

- What's so funny?

I shrugged and continued to drive. The moment I saw the first huge building I gasped. I glanced over at Norway and she was absolutely losing it.