Steady

Iceland

I was sitting in my room. The blinds were down and there was trash everywhere.

After the incident with Finland, I barely got out of my room. I always waited until 2 or 3 am so I can go to the kitchen without anyone noticing. I didn't want to talk to them. I just want to be alone.

Norway tells me that I'm overreacting every time she sees me passing by. "Common Iceland. Get yourself together" She should understand how it is!

He made our school life a living hell. It's his fault we were bullied! He made me think there is something wrong with me. Like I'm the problem! 

It's because of him I got beat up so many times. It's because of him I wanted to just...disappear!

I rushed out of my bed. The blankets used tissues and my laptop falling on the ground. I started throwing everything at the ground.

I kicked my chair and pushed my desk to the ground. I started punching the drawer and screaming...or maybe crying...? Everything was so blurry.

A loud thud and the sound of cracking glass woke me up.  I snapped like from some kind of trans. I looked at my hands. 

The red liquid was dropping down on my bare feet. I got goosebumps and I started trembling. I opened up my hands. I shivered as I saw glass shards stuck in my fingers and bruises from hitting wood.

Inside was a broken picture frame with Finland, probably around 15 years old holding me and doing funny faces. A faded smile came onto my face as I looked at him. A small tear traveling on my face.

I'm so dumb...

I gently pressed against Finland's cheek. The broken glass cutting my skin.

He would never hurt me...

I collapsed to the ground and hugged the picture. Not caring about the sharp edges.

- Iceland...

I looked up. Denmark was standing in the doorway looking at me horrified. The furniture was either laying on the ground or missing pieces. The blood was all over the carpet. I was probably looking like a mess myself.

- I hurt him...I hurt him, didn't I?

She was shaking while looking around the room and back at myself. She quickly rushed out of the room looking terrified.

I looked down. I'm a monster...

I just listened to the clock as seconds passed.

I felt her cold hand on my cheek as she sat beside me. It was always so calling to have her beside me. I glanced at the ground near her. She brought bandaids and disinfecting spray. Just like the old times when I would climb trees and then fall off then hitting the ground. She would always be there to patch me up. She cleared my wounds and started picking out the glass with a needle and tweezers.

I flinched at the feeling of glass coming out of my skin, but she gave me the most furious look I have ever gotten from her.

After that, she took a deep breath and looked at me.

- Are you okay...?

I shook my head.

- Do you...want to...

- Finland did nothing wrong. You were right.

She glanced at me surprised. She sat down more comfortably and held my hand. She nodded giving me a sign to keep talking.

- He would never want anything bad for me. He didn't know it would affect us in the future. He wasn't the guy who made fun of me. Or that girl who lied to me and spread rumors. He is my brother. The person I would come to after those events. The person that would hug me and take me to go get McDonald's and teach me how to throw knives.