₴łӾ₮ɆɆ₦

Now playing

Now playing..

"That Funny Feeling"
-Bo Burnham
////
"There it is, again. That funny feeling"
•-•

I was focused on the road ahead of me. The headlights shone brightly, as it was starting to get dark.

Michael had to assist me in taking the route they would normally take to their house. For him being only maybe nine, he did a good job.

I unbuckled Elizabeth's seatbelt and got her out of the car seat. I unlocked the door with
William's keys and the kids walked inside.

I left the door open a crack before I walked back to the car to help William inside.

"Alright, c'mon." I mumbled and opened the passenger side door. He was asleep. "Now isn't the time to be going to sleep." I tried helping him out of the car.

   He groaned and clung onto me. I sighed and lead him to the front door. I help him inside.

Elizabeth sat on the couch and gave me a confused look. "Y/n? What's wrong with Daddy?"

I looked at her whilst still trying to hold the man that was putting the majority of his weight on me. "Uh, well, you're dad is kinda wasted right now, probably sick too."

   She tilt her head, showing she was confused. "What's 'wasted' mean?"

Damn! I forgot she's a child.

   "Uh- well let's just say he isn't in the right mindset right now- let's get to bed okay?" I asked.

"Okay." Elizabeth got off the couch and went upstairs. I'm guessing Michael already went to sleep.

   I continue helping their father up the stairs. I saw Michael in the upstairs hallway. "Hey, uh- which room is his?" I asked.

   He pointed towards the room at the end of the hall. "The guest room is next to it."

   I nod, thanking him. I open the door, leading him inside. I got him to sit down on the edge of the bed.

   William started chuckling, almost giggling. "What's so funny?"

   A smile spread out on his lips. "Nothing's funny, it just hurts. It hurts so much." He says and laughs for a second more.

   "I'll get the wound patched up just let me get bandages or something." I said, walking into the connected bathroom. I grabbed a kit that was under the sink and walked back into the room.

   "That's not what hurts. I can't take it. Not anymore." He says, a smile still disturbingly on his face.

   "What are you talking about?" I question him. He just laughed more.

   I take the fabric off of his arm and grab the bandages. My fingers came in contact with his cold skin.

It was eerie.

If I accidentally touched the open wound, he wouldn't jump or anything. He didn't make a sound. He just stared.

   "Why'd you do this?" I asked, breaking eye contact.

He chuckled for a second. "Why'd I do what? I've done a lot. I killed my wife because I caught her cheating. I can see why, I've been an asshole. Hated her anyways. Although I miss having someone else around the house."

   I listened to him go on about his now ex-wife.

"Not that. Why'd you fuck up your arm?"

   He was quiet for a moment. "I heard her. Your cousin- or whatever. She wouldn't leave me alone."

  I sighed. "You're a dumbass."

His smirk appeared on his face. "Oh, the lovely names you call me. Me favorite being 'child murderer'"

   "I call you that because it's the truth." I said and put the leftover supplies back into the kit.

"Oh, darling, I know. It's the horrible truth about myself." He said. I walked over to the connected bathroom and put the kit back in its original place.

    I walk back into the room. He's taking the purple jacket off, leaving him in a tight, white dress shirt.

    "You could've started changing after I left the room y'know." I said and made my way towards the hallway.

   "If you need clothes to sleep in, I still have some of my wife's"

   I look back at him, stopping in the door frame. "Oh really?"

•———•

   I looked at myself in the mirror of the connected bathroom. It was nothing special, just a white T-shirt and blue shorts. The scars from the accident could be seen on my legs, arms and a few on my chest since the shirt drooped a small bit.

   I sighed, hating the sight. The crescent-shaped scars were everywhere.

  I stepped out of the bathroom. "You look lovely." I looked at the man lying down in the bed. "And you look comfortable." I said and started walking.

•———•