Chapter 14: Cancer

*Niall’s POV*

Beep

Beep

Beep

Beep

Beep

My mind went crazy as that familiar sound went on and on. I rested my hand in my palms and screamed in frustration, The boys looked at me confused but I just got off the chair and walked out of the room. Liam followed me out and asked if I was ok.

“Do I look ok?!” I screamed banging my fists on the wall.

“Niall calm down.” Liam said slowly. I let out a deep breath and sank down to my knees.

“It’s all my fault.” I whispered.

“No it’s not, it’s Leoni’s fault.” Liam reassured me.

“Management made me date her.” I said.

“Exactly so it’s their fault.” Liam pointed out.

“I should’ve said no.” I said gritting my teeth.

“Then you would have had no career.”

“But then I would’ve had Kat!”

Liam shrugged his shoulders in defeat and went back to check on Kat. It wasn’t fair she was here, in this scary hospital. It just wasn’t. She hadn’t woken up yet and the doctors say she lost a lot of blood but there was a chance she’d be ok. I just hoped she was. I couldn’t deny it anymore I was still in love with her but I just couldn’t love her. A single tear left my eyes for the first time in ages, I hadn’t cried since that night she ran away. According to Leoni I wasn’t a man if I didn’t cry. I tried my best to wipe away the tears with the sleeve of my hoodie but it seemed impossible. More tears came followed by more and more.

I walked into the room where Kat was sleeping and I sat beside her. Harry looked at me with tear stained eyes.

“Mate, I’m sorry, we all are.” He croaked out.

“What do you mean?” I stuttered.

I glanced at Liam who looked away guiltily.

“I think you know what we’re talking about.” Zayn sighed.

“Liam did you tell.” I hissed.

“Sorry Niall I had too,” Liam said “they needed to know.”

I glared at Liam not wanting to raise my voice.

“Guys, come one.” Louis said motioning them to get up.

They left the room leaving me and Kat on our own. I held her hand and began to sing.

“When you try your best but you don't succeed. When you get what you want but not what you need .When you feel so tired but you can't sleep, stuck in reverse. And the tears come streaming down your face when you lose something you can't replace. When you love someone but it goes to waste, could it be worse? Lights will guide you home, and ignite your bones. And I will try to fix you. And high up above or down below. When you're too in love to let it go, but if you never try you'll never know, just what you're worth. Lights will guide you home and ignite your bones And I will try to fix you Tears stream down your face When you lose something you cannot replace Tears stream down your face. And I. Tears stream down your face. I promise you will learn from my mistakes, tears stream down your face. And I. Lights will guide you home And ignite your bones. And I will try to fix you.” I sung, my voice was shaking slightly. Suddenly I felt Kat’s hand twitch and eyes began to flutter open.