Honor Thy Father

Lizzie's POV

"Who's that? Where'd he come from?" the man said as Papa attacked him. I sat in a swivel chair watching my Papa and guiding him.

"Papa, on your 9 and 12," I told Papa as two people came at him.

"'Mr Redman claims refunding, the Halcyon Pension Plan has always been his intent. But sources say Redman weas coerced by the vigilante..." the man on the TV said as Papa and I walked into the living room where Miss Thea, though she insists I call her Auntie Thea, and Miss Moira and Mister Walter were watching the news.

"This guy gets more air-time than the Kardashians, right?" Papa pointed to the Tv. I gave him a weird look, silently asking who the Kar-Kardashians, I think it was, were?

"Five years on an island and you still know who they are," Miss Thea told Papa, she laughed at the face I made.

"I've been catchin' up, it's nice to see how much our culture has improved while I was away," Papa said with half a proud smile for knowing that.

"But the city used to be different. People used to feel safe," Miss Moira said to Papa in a half matter of factly.

"Aw, what's the matter, mom? Afraid we're gonna be next?" Miss Thea teased. I didn't like how they were talking to each other, I may be only seven but I know that's not how you treat your mother.

"Do you have any questions about today, Oliver? Elizabeth?" Mister Walter asked us, I tried to avoid his gaze. "It's a simple proof-of-life declaration. You just read out a brief, prepared a statement to the judge and then your death-in—absentia judgment will be voided."

"It's fine, Walter. I've been in a courtroom before. Not this one. But she knows what to do. I told her about it this morning," Papa told Mister Walter

"Four times by my estimate," Mister Tommy walked into the room, I looked at Papa in shock, then gave a silent laugh. "You know, there was the DUI, the assault on that paparazzi douchebag, stealing that taxi which was just awesome, by the way. And who could forget peeing on the cop?"

"I wish everyone would," Miss Moira gave Tommy a disapproving look.

"I'd hang, but were headed to the court," Papa turned to Mister Tommy.

"I know, that's why I'm here, my best friend, and his daughter is getting legally resurrected, I wouldn't miss this for the world," Mister Tommy told me and Papa, I gave a half smile, feeling loved.

"Okay, what about you?" Papa asked, turning to Miss Thea.

"Uh, I think the first four times of you in court was enough for me," Miss Thea said while walking out the door, I gave a small pout and crossed my arms. Papa saw me then smiled and picked my up, putting me on his shoulders.

"Fair enough," Papa mumbled softly.

"Misses Queen?" Mister Dig walked into the room. Everyone turned to him. "Car's ready." Everyone started to walk out to the car.

"Mister Queen? Mister Queen?" People kept asking and flash's kept flashing from cameras. Papa had a protective hand over my head as I clinged onto his leg. "Can we get a comment?"