Honor Thy Father - IV

Dedicated to @PmelaPereira287

I could hear sirens wailing in the distance. I could hear them right outside. Papa was holding me close as the police looked around. The detective who came when me and Papa, his name was actually named Detective Lance. Detective Lance came running up to his daughter and gave her a big hug. Papa does that with me after everything that happened on the island after he saw me after we were separated. Both Lance's were talking while Papa watches, I was watching Papa. Papa looked at me and gave me a small smile.

"Close your ears, honey. I don't want you to hear this," Papa told me softly, already guessing what is about to come. I was curious but listened and closed my ears.

"I went outside to ask for a light and they were both dead in the squad car," I heard faintly what Mister Dig told the two Lances. I saw Detective Lance thank Mister Dig then walk over to Papa. Det. Lance looked angry at Papa. I wanted to listen. But Papa just looked at Det Lance and nodded. Det. Lance walked away from him, paying no mind to me as I sat next to Papa on the coffee table.

A police officer came up to me and asked if I was okay. I nodded and walked over to Papa.

"I'd say thank you, but I don't think that would cover it," Papa told Mister Dig as he tossed him something. I saw Mister Dig's hand; it had a bandage on it and a red dot on the back. Mister Dig got up to follow Papa and me.

"Thank you" I signed to him, I don't know if he understood me or not. He smiled a little then turned back to Papa while getting up as we walked away.

"Well, like I told your cop friend, I was just doing my job. Besides, I think it should be you... that I'm thanking," Mister Dig looked to Papa as Papa turned around. Papa had a questioning look on his face.

"What for?" Papa asked, confused.

"The knife," Mister Dig explained. I looked at him, mad. I threw the knife.

"The knife. But that wasn't me. That was Lizzie," Papa gestured to me as I had a big goofy smile on my face.

"Her? You?" Mister Dig turned to me. I nodded proudly. "That was a kitchen knife. It wasn't even weighted properly yet you threw it with accuracy across a ten-foot room," Mister explained. I nodded again, not fully understanding what he meant. But nodded anyway.

"Exactly. She got lucky," Papa told him.

"I'm not the kind of man you want to take for a fool, Mister Queen, you understand me?" Mister Dig told Papa. What did he mean fool? I thought Mister Dig was cool. I sometimes played board games with him when Papa was in meetings.

"Yes," Papa told him.

"And I think I'm just beginning to understand the kind of man you are. And you too, Lizzie," Mister Dig turned to me.

"Shouldn't take you very long. I'm shallow," Papa said while turning and walking away. I shook my head in disagreement. Though I didn't even know what shallow meant. But it didn't sound good. And from the look on Mister Digs face. "And very tired, so... I'm going to take Lizzie to bed. Come on."

Papa picked me up and spun me in the air as I giggled aa giggling storm and he started walking to our room.

"Goodnight," Papa said with a half-fake smile. I smiled at Mister Dig before I couldn't see him anymore.

"Goodnight, Sir. Miss," Mister Dig said while leaving a moment later.

"Papa, careful," I reminded him. I heard him give a small chuckle. I watched from the monitors while brushing my dollies hair. I put my doll down on the table when I saw police cars make their way over. "Papa. Police are coming."

I watched as Chien Na Wei and Papa were fighting. I understood what she told Papa. I thought we locked her up when Miss Amanda Waller told us to.

"Bow down. Hands up," Det. Lance told Papa, or 'The Hood'. But I call him Green. Papa was looking down and not moving. Det. Lance had a gun pointed at Papa. Papa pulled out a knife from a pocket in his pant leg and threw it at him, knocking the gun from Det. Lance's hand. When Det. Lance looked up, Papa was gone.

"Whoa! Whoa!" Papa said while putting his drink. Everyone turned to him. I was with Mister Dig, watching it all. "What about me? Right? I'm a legacy. Hey! Thanks for warming 'em up, Walt."

I looked to Miss Thea, she looked annoyed at Papa as he walked onto the stage. What was he doing? I thought. Though, for everything, the only thing I understood was that this was in memory of Papa's Papa.

"Alright. Ow! Fine shovel. I got it. Whoa! Ow!" Papa whispered to Walter as he took the golden shovel thing. He pretended to drop it, everyone gasped. "I'm kidding. I'm kidding. I'm kidding. Well, I got it. I got it. Some of you may not know me. My name is Oliver Queen. Uh..." I didn't understand what he was saying after that so I played with my fingers of someone running over the buildings trying to run away from a bad guy.

"Papa," I stuttered out as I let go of Mister Dig and ran over to the limping Papa and gave him a hug.

"Can I cross it out?" I whispered in Russian to Papa as he looked at the book. He smiled softly and nodded. He pointed to the name and I happily crossed it out. I could tell he was a little upset. He was remembering what happened on the island. He zones out sometimes like that, but I just go along with it.

"That's your grandfather," Papa whispered to me as I was on his hip. We went to Papa and his gravestone.

Papa crouched down in front of Grandpapa's grave, as I sat on his leg. The people who are taking out Papas grave were right behind us by a few feet.

"All the time on the island, plotting our return I didn't... realize how hard it would be... to reconnect, and connect with... mom, Thea... Laurel, Okay, I didn't... I didn't know how painful it would be to keep our secrets. You asked me to save the city. To right your wrongs. I will. We, will. I swear. But to do that... I can't be the Oliver that everyone wants me to be. Neither can Lizzie. Which means that sometimes... to honor your wishes... We need to dishonor your memory. I'm sorry," Papa told the stone. I leaned my head in the crook of his neck as he was speaking. I nodded along with what he was saying. I knew that I wasn't a seven-year-old girl like everyone else. I didn't like pink princessy things. I knew how to fight, I knew multiple languages. But I don't want to leave my Papa. Because every time I have, something bad has happened. I was scared of big crowds. Every time we were in a big crowd, I start to panic inside. Papa could see it in my eyes. That's why we try to leave as soon as we can.

I let go of Papa and started doing cartwheels up the hill while Papa told the two men it was okay to start digging. I cartwheeled to Mister Dig and ran into his leg. Mister Dig had a small smile on his face. I fell down, dizzy. I got up and shook it off. A smile back on my face as I ran back towards Papa as he walked over to him.

"Will you be going out tonight with your daughter, sir?" Mister Dig asked him.

"Definitely," Papa told him. I was curious to as where. I hoped it was more ice cream!! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys!! It is a crazy week for me! 

My school just started to be online and this week is about figuring out how to use Zoom and all that. 

It has been good to reconnect with civilization!! lol.