11

She closed her eyes, feeling the weight of this week's work press down on her eyelids

She closed her eyes, feeling the weight of this week's work press down on her eyelids. No one knew she flew into town, not even her parents. It was a personal emergency that she wasn't too sure she'd be able to break to many.

"Okay mom, everything is fine. Next two visits we'll determine whether baby is a boy or girl!" The doctor smiled brightly, Nicki smiled back, sighing as the professional cleaned the gel off of her belly.

Beyoncé opened her closed eyes, pushing her shades up, taking her cap off momentarily to scratch her scalp.

"Give me three, you can take the two," Beyoncé yawned, looking proudly at the ultrasound captures. Nicki didn't say anything, but she did hand the younger parent three pictures of the unborn as they walked to Bey's rental car.

They rode in silence, the drive from Onika's appointment to her house too extremely long today for some reason. Bey pulled into the driveway, looking over at an indifferent Nicki who was already unbuckling her seatbelt.

She turned the key towards her, shutting the ignition off. Onika nearly closed the front door on her, but the tip of Beyoncé's Timberland boot caught it.

"You gon leave without giving me my shit?" Beyoncé fumed.

"And what the fuck do I get, another trip to the clinic?" Onika slapped the ultrasounds against Beyoncé's face, heading towards the back of her apartment.

Beyoncé snatched her arm harshly, stopping her from moving away any further. She swallowed her pride and pulled the shorter girl in for a hug. "I was a coward to even give you the money for it the first time, Nic. I...I'm sorry," Beyoncé apologized for the first time ever.

Meek died a few months ago, but before that, Onika and Beyoncé had many run ins, one leaving them with a baby.

Keeping her tracks clean, Beyoncé threw money into Onika's hands, aiding her to get rid of the baby she accidentally made. Now, almost two months down the line, they'd conceived again.

This time Beyoncé couldn't stomach the thought of not being a mother to a creation she helped in making.

"Forgive me, please....." Beyoncé pulled back slightly, grabbing Onika's chin softly.

It was a blessing two times over, but it left Onika's heart in chaos. She felt as if the world turned against her after Meek's death, which she had no hands in. Though Beyoncé wouldn't admit it, she loved Onika and couldn't leave the older girl alone. She didn't blame Nicki the first time because she knew every man had a mind of their own.

And things got real ugly behind good pussy.

"Forgive me, baby?" Beyoncé cooed, pushing Nicki's hair behind her ear, leaning down to kiss her wet cheek softly. Like magic, the older girl melted into Bey's embrace, placing her hand on top of Beyoncé's hand that was sitting on her clothed stomach.