13

Loyalty was the first principle Normani learned to live by, and since a young girl there hasn't been a person she's crossed. That wasn't changing anytime soon, especially with Robyn. Her best friend was her only friend besides her boyfriend—Christopher—and she liked it that way. No reason to look over her back in fear of betrayal, no reason to doubt the depths friendship and sisterhood when it came down to her girlfriend.

So, when she said the unthinkable, it was no reason as to why Robyn should've been taken aback.

"Mani, we can't be ugly towards an innocent life!" Robyn dried her eyes, pushing the bowl of diced mango away from her spot at the table.

Normani scoffed, taking the abandoned bowl in her possession to hand pick a few of the sweet fruit into her mouth.

"My nephew is my business, and you know why? It's because he has your blood running through him. I love you, my best friend! Not Beyoncé or any bitch she has that isn't you! So, like I said before, fuck G, fuck Nicki, and that child!"

Robyn shook her head in the negative, throwing her hand on top of her nine month sized belly while she grabbed the empty bowl to bring into the kitchen.

School returned, and Robyn was more than thankful. She cried and hurt all that she could, and with the books back in the picture she had no choice but to be distracted from her newly cut scars. Beyonce's things were still in the house that was once there's, but that was all that was left of her proof of presence. She moved out two days after Robyn's discovery of her new unborn, leaving nothing but a few clothes in her absence because of how quick the locks had been changed. And, with the help of Chris and Mani, Robyn was able to change the interior around completely. It had been a long two months, but time still went on nonetheless.

Normani was happy, grateful to spot the toxicity and rid it of its power before it could eat at her sister and unborn godson. Like things were at the beginning of the semester, Mani and Robyn were nearly living with one another again. Christopher understood and did his best to stay clear from the strong opinions Normani had about his best friend. Still, he loved his girl and was there for both Beyoncé and Robyn whenever they needed be.

"Mani, that's still someone's child and Deuce's sibling!"

Normani had to save her lips from curling downward at the mention of the nickname 'Deuece'. Beyoncé had burned the bridge with her, but she had to respect her nephew's other parent just the same as she respected Robyn.

"Don't make that face! We all fuck up, Mani," Robyn pouted, exiting the kitchen to join her best friend at the dining table once again.

"That's true, but Robyn....you're fucking perfect! You've got the biggest heart ever, it's literally nothing to not need or want about you! I just...will never respect her how I once did, there's no sex that good to risk your family for."

"I've never been so disappointed and conflicted in my entire days of living, Giselle." Tina grabbed the folded cloth from beneath her plate to place upon her lap.

Matthew took his glasses from his face, placing the lenses on the wooden table that his estranged wife had carved to perfection years before Beyonce's birth. The youngster ran her tongue across her top set of teeth, placing her elbows on the table to rest her head in her hands.