12

Groaning at the faint taste of weed in her mouth, she reached over for that familiar protruding belly she woke up to every morning. Her palm was greeted by ice cold sheets and a very expensive ring. Feeling her stomach touch her ass, she jumped out of bed in a frenzy. Morning still in her eyes and mouth, she yelled out for her baby's mother and fiancée.

"Rih!?" Her voice cracked out into the empty air, nearly echoing from how spacious the home was.

"Robyn!!" Beyoncé called out, worry deep and evident in her voice. After covering every base in their home, she ran her hands through her hair and batted her eyelids quickly to stay sane.

Her heart pounded in her ears as she ran through the house and into the master bedroom. With trembling hands, she dialed Normani's number while grabbing basketball shorts from the dresser beneath the television.

"Norm-mani?" Beyoncé huffed, throwing Robyn's house slippers onto her feet, grabbing her own car keys. If it weren't for the phone being the landline, she would've been out the door minutes ago, but with the wire connected to the wall, she stood at the head of her and Robyn's bed shaking nervously.

"Beyoncé." Normani stated simply, rubbing Robyn's belly from behind as she sniffled in her sleep.

"Where's my wife?" Beyoncé boomed, becoming angry the more she waited.

Normani pulled the landline away from her face, pressing reset on the box to end the call. Placing the wired phone back on the hook, she snuggled closer into her best friend and prayed that Beyoncé would stay away to ease the mind of a heavily pregnant Robyn.

"Mhmm," Robyn moaned as if she was in pain. Normani frowned, knowing that Robyn's body had gotten used to being wrapped up into Bey's and not waking up next to her was hurting.

But, she didn't give a fuck. She refused to allow her best friend to stay in a predicament that low. Too many women allowed their happiness to be robbed because of fear for learning and loving someone new. Letting go wasn't the hard part, facing reality was.

"I'm here, Rih," Normani held her tighter, placing a hand on her belly.

"Was that her?" Robyn questioned softly, too hurt to allow tears to escape from her eyes. Her gut never did let her down, but her heart did, and for that she couldn't fault anyone but herself.

"Don't beat yourself up about it," Mani soothed. Some moments were too fragile for words, most words didn't have half as much potency as silence did, so Mani stayed silent. Her body never left her best friend's though, and if she had to allow her touch to be words in a time like this, that's what was going to happen.

Robyn sighed, relaxing into her bestie's form, feeling the lowest of low. "I can't believe I allowed a nigga to baby moma my ass."

"Oh, Robyn.....you know not!" Normani frowned, sitting up at the confession. Robyn stayed put, slinging her arm over her face to attempt the tears from sprouting. Her face heated profusely, she couldn't stop her lip from slightly trembling in confusion and embarrassment of the entire situation.

Before their conversation could continue, Christopher's voice boomed from the living room, and in through Robyn's old room was Beyoncé.

With her dusty blonde hair all over the place, her eyes bloodshot, and her clothes freshly wrinkled—Beyoncé was a mess. Chris walked in, looking towards his girl, silently communicating because if he were to be vocal, things would get worse. He respected his best friend and what went on in someone else's household didn't have a thing to do with him.

He understood Mani's concern, but he had his best friend to be understanding of also, right or wrong.

"Normani." Beyoncé looked up, Normani scoffed. "Nigga you better be lucky, on everything Beyoncé you running out of good points with me."