Shortest Prologue Ever

It was late on all hallows eve 1981 on Privet Drive when the streetlights started to go out mysteriously. Only one was left on to show an elderly man standing beneath it. He had a long white beard and was wearing brightly coloured robes. "I should have known that you would be here Professor McGonagall." He said looking down at the tabby cat by his feet.

The cat meowed before morphing into a woman who had her hair in a neat tidy bun. "Good evening Professor Dumbledore." She said sternly before they both started to walk along the street. "Are the rumours true, Albus?" She asked as they stopped in the street. "I'm afraid so Professor, the good and the bad." Dumbledore said solemnly.

"And the children?" Professor McGonagall asked in her scottish ascent. "Hagrid is bringing them." The old man said happily. "Do you think it wise to trust Hagrid with something as important as this?" The woman said worriedly. "Ah, Professor, I would trust Hagrid with my life." Dumbledore said with a happy look.

The sound of a motorbike rang through the air as the bright light shined down on the two Professors. The light blue bike landed. You could here the laughing of the young girl and the happy grunting of the half giant that was driving. "Professor Dumbledore, Sir. Professor McGonagall." The gruff voice said as he climbed of the bike a small child in his arms wrapped in a blanket as small toddler holding his large hand at his side.

"No problems, I trust, Hagrid?" Dumbledore said smiling at the group. The little girl looked around her in wonder as they walked over to the two adults. "No, sir. This little tyke fell asleep just as we were flying over Bristol. Heh. Try not to wake him. There you go." Hagrid said passing over the bundle of blankets towards Dumbledore. "And what about this little one?" Dumbledore asked smiling down at the young girl who was looking up with wide eyes.

"She has been a little angle haven't you." Hagrid said before picking the girl up with his hand. The girl just giggled. Dumbledore smiled before walking to the house with a number four plastered on his door, McGonagall at his side. "Albus, do you really think it's safe, leaving him with these people? I've been watching them all day. They're the worst sort of Muggles imaginable. They really are." McGonagall argued since they got closer and closer to the door. "The only family he's got." Dumbledore interrupted. McGonagall sighed.

"This boy will be famous. There won't be a child in our world who doesn't know his name." She babbled but Dumbledore just ignored her. "Exactly. He's better off growing up away from all that. Until he is ready." He said gently placing the baby on the doorstep. Hagrid started to sniffle whereas the little girl just looked confused. "Why are you putting down that baby?" The girl asked her confused voice sweet and light.

"He is going to have a good home just like you Mia." Dumbledore said to the little girl. The girl gave him a toothy smile. "But don't worry it's not goodbye." He said before taking the girl in his arms. "Good luck Harry Potter and Mia Gaunt." He said.

................................................................................................................................................................

New book!

Cause we are quarantined so I have plenty of time to write. I lost a lot of this work and I've just caught up to where I was.

Hope you kids like it.

-M