Sorting Hat Is A Bit Gobby

The train had stopped, and we had gotten changed. As we started to get off the train, I immediately spotted Hagrid, whether is was due to how tall he was or how loud he was shouting. "Right, then! First years! This way, please! Come on, now, don't be shy! Come on now, hurry up!" He bellowed across the crowds.

"Hello Harry, Mia." Hagrid said as we made our way towards him. "Hey Hagrid." We said in unison as Ron just gaped at him. "Right then. This way to the boats! Come on, now, follow me." He said turning around.

It was four to a boat and Harry and Ron had already left me, so I had to find a boat myself. There was only one left which had three other boys in it, so I gritted my teeth and got in the damn boat. The boys looked at me in surprise. One of them had bleach blond hair and grey eyes who looked at me with disgust. "Are you pure-blood?" He asked rudely as the boats set off by themselves. "Yes, apparently. Not that it's any of your information." I said sassily before looking up at the stars.

The other two boys looked shocked that I had spoken back to him. One of them was quite dark skinned and had dark brown eyes that sparkled when they caught the light. The other had sandy blond hair and dark green eyes. "My name is Theo, that's Blaise, and that stuck up boy is Draco." The sandy haired boy said to me a goofy grin on his face.

"My name is Mia" I said smiling back, the boy named Draco just glared at me. "Isn't Draco a star constellation?" I said looking at the boy. "Yeah, how did you know that?" He asked me in shock. "I like astrology, is that such a crime?" I shrugged. The boys just looked at each other with unreadable expressions.

"Heads down!" Hagrid yelled as we came up towards some vines. We all ducked our heads feeling the plants drift over us before looking up.

It was beautiful. The lights glittered across the castle in the night life. A feeling of warmth filled me as I looked at the dark stone walls. "Amazing." I gasped.

I stayed with the boys as we walked up to the castle, the steps making me feel welcoming. Eventually we got inside and walked up to two large doors that were clearly important. A tall woman stood at the top of the steps. She had her greying hair in a tight bun and was wearing a long dark green crushed velvet dress including a black witch's hat.

"Welcome to Hogwarts. Now, in a few moments, you will pass through these doors and join your classmates. But before you can take your seats you must be sorted into your houses. They are Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and Slytherin. Now, while you are here, your house will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn you house points. Any rule breaking, and you will lose points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup." She explained looking each and every one of us up and down.

She was about to carry on before a boy at the front sprang forward. "Trevor!" He shouted running to the front picking up a toad from the woman's feet. The woman stared down at him as we all laughed. "Sorry." He mumbled before returning back to the group. "The sorting ceremony will begin momentarily." She said after rolling her eyes before leaving through the large doors.

Draco smirks from beside me, he had found two large boys to be some sort of bodyguards for him. "It's true then, what they're saying on the train. Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts." Draco said causing every child around us to start whispering. I rolled my eyes as Draco walked up to Harry. "This is Crabbe, and Goyle." He said gesturing to the two lumps behind us.

"And I'm Malfoy...Draco Malfoy." He added stepping in front of Harry. Ron sniggered which I thought was particularly rude. "Think my name's funny, do you? No need to ask yours. Red hair, and a hand me down robe? You must be a Weasley." Draco said with a look of disgust. Guess they are going to be rude to each other then. Draco looked back to Harry.