Chapter 3

The Family Dinner

"Memories are the only thing left of the old me."

Staring at myself in the mirror made me realize things about myself. I look like a timid, angelic, and polite girl. If someone would tell other people what I'm really like without knowing me, I'm sure they wouldn't believe it.

I smiled at myself. I have the right to act the way I do. I am, after all Blaire Fenella. The heiress of the Candelanza's, the next owner of the Cosette Beauty Line Company.

"Miss Blaire, baba na raw po kayo."

I knew they've already arrive several minutes ago. I glance one more time at the mirror in front of me before leaving my room and going down the spiral staircase. I can already hear their small talks and chuckles. Nagkakamustahan sina Mommy at ang Mommy ni Zyan na si Tita Beatrix. My dad and Tito Hanz is talking about golf and other leisure activities they're planning to go together. My eyes stopped on Zyan who is standing in front of the shelves that has my family pictures in it. I can clearly see that he was staring the picture of me on a two piece bikini on the beach. Sa litratong iyon ay nakaupo ako sa isang sun-lounger habang nakaangat ang tingin sa langit, holding my hair. One of legs slightly lifted and the other fully resting on the lounger.

Lumapit ako sa kanila. I kissed my Mom's cheek and give Tita Beatrix a hug. Nakipag beso na rin ako kay Tito Hanz after that. They were all smiles at me. I looked at Zyan for a moment bago nagpasya na ring lapitan siya. I stood next to him and simple said hi. He ignored me and continued looking at my pictures.

I picked up the photo he was looking at earlier.

"This one was the trip I had with my ex-boyfriend. Sa Maldives."

I tried starting a conversation and even turned to him. Isang tingin lang ang ibinigay niya roon at agad nang ibinaling sa iba ang tingin. As if he wasn't staring so intently at it earlier.

"You look great." My half-assed attempt to again try to strike a conversation with him.

It's not because I wan't to talk to him. I just did it to act in front of our parents that we're in good terms. Panaka-nakay sumusulyap kasi sila sa amin.

But the snobbed jerk didn't even say anything even after that.

"Alam mo, siguro sobrang boring ng buhay ko kapag kinasal ako sayo. Wala namang mawawala sayo kung kakausapin mo ako."

Finally, that caught his attention. Nilingon niya ako at sarkastikong nginitian.

"I doubt it. With all your affairs and boy toys? You're far from getting bored."

I know beforehand that he knew about the things I did. Pero bahagyang nagulat pa rin ako ng sabihin niya mismo.

"So? Are you here to call off the engagement?"

Tinitigan niya ako ng matagal. It's as if he's trying to read my mind and see if that's what I want to happen tonight.

He stepped closer to me and lean in. His lips so close to my ears.

"I'm sure you're hoping for that. Too bad, last night was the last time I'll let you cheat on me."

Bago pa ako makasagot ay tumayo na siya ng maayos at ibinalik ang distansya naming dalawa. He's smirking deviously at me. His eyes even dropped to my lips as if he's remembering how I kissed another guy last night.

I looked away. I'm glad that we have a safe distance from everyone. They could have heard that.

There's an awkward feeling in my gut while having dinner. They're talking about how good me and Zyan look together. And that we would make the best couple.