Chapter 13

Kill

"Battles are won when you don't fear the possibility of losing it. Fear controls your will, and just like that you might end up losing without even starting the fight yet."

"I'm going to make sure that this party won't be put to waste." This is exactly what my mind has been thinking since earlier. I expected a lot of people to come since we asked Ryle to invite people and their socialite cousins also brought their friends along. What I didn't expect was how the party turned out looking this grand even on a short notice to the organizers. A masquerade party by the pool. Sounds fun, right? Pub tables were placed around with waiters and waitresses serving drinks, food and other finger snacks for everyone. The colorful neon lights added to the aesthetic appeal of everything.

Mula sa kinatatayuan ko'y kinawayan ako ng isang lalaking hindi ko naman kilala lalo na dahil nakasoot ito ng mask. I'm wearing a black mask of my own. I just raised my champagne glass to greet him. Iginala ko muli ang tingin sa kabuoan ng lugar. Naagaw agad ang pansin ko nang namataan ang pagdating ng limang babae. The one in the middle is none other than my so-called sister, Lylian. Kahit nakamask ay alam ko agad na siya nga iyon dahil sa soot niyang off-white, see-through bohemian lace cardigan dress na may naka-engrave na "Candelanza" sa bandang kaliwang dibdib. She's wearing a red, two-piece beneath it. Her mask that covered half of her face, only showing her eyes and lips is also red.

I won't lie, she looks sexy and hot, like she's planning to seduce everyone in here tonight. I, on the other hand is wearing a black, lace casual party dress. The sleeves reached my wrist but it's off-shoulder with spaghetti strap. See-through rin ito, so I matched it with a black two-piece underneath and a black lace venetian mask.

I watched as she scanned the whole place, looking for someone I think I know who. Nang hindi mahanap ay bumaling nalang ulit sa mga kasama niya. May sinabi siya at nagtawanan sila. I expected her to be here tonight. Afterall, Zyan will be here because this party is organized by Ryle, just like how we want people to think.

Zyan is still inside. Marami iyong katawagan kanina pa. I heard something about the security of this place and whatnot. Ryle is here and he is busy socializing since he is the host of this party. I'm surprised he agreed about this pero mukhang may ininvite rin siyang mga potential investors and business partners kaya parang negosyo pa rin ang naging purpose ng party na ito para sa kanya. He just made use of the event.

Namataan ko si Lylian na ngayon ay naglalakad papunta sa direksyon ni Ryle. My brow raised at how confidently she greeted him and even kissed his cheek na para bang matagal na silang magkakilala. Wala man lang hiya sa katawan niya kahit pa napapalibutan sila ng isang grupo na mukha ngang investors o business partners ni Ryle kahit kaedad niya lang ang mga ito.

I sipped on my champagne as I watched her smile and act friendly with everyone in that circle. Smirking, I started walking towards them as well. Nakita ako ni Ryle na palapit at mukha siyang nag-aalala sa gagawin ko ngunit hinayaan naman ako sa gagawin. Nang tuluyan ng makalapit ay napalingon na sa akin ang grupo nila,

"I'm actually okay with being engaged this soon to Zyan. It's for business and legacy so--"

Lylian stopped whatever she was about to say as her eyes landed on me. Her jaw dropped open in shock and couldn't hide her surprise. I know she recognized me. She's probably thinking that it's not me as she shook her head and blinked several times. Napainom pa siya sa wine niya bago muli akong hinagod ng tingin mula ulo hanggang paa. I smirked more.

"Hello, Ryle!" I glanced at Ryle as I greeted him with such enthusiasm. He smiled back and then proceeded to introduce me. Muli niyang hinarap ang mga kasama.