Chapter 4

Run To Me

"I just wanna know, how do you make reality a lie?"

Grandmama was rushed to the hospital immediately. It's almost morning now. The doctor told us earlier that my grandmother had a mild stroke, fortunately she is in a stable condition now.

Mom and Dad were inside while I stayed outside with Zyan. I went inside earlier but I didn't have the strength to look at my Grandmama longer in a vulnerable state. I didn't even have the time to space out. The woman earlier came with us with her boyfriend. She's still crying for whatever reason.

I saw Mommy came out of Grandmama's room. I watched as she approached her first. "Let's get your wounds and bruises treated, hija." She told her gently.

I watched still as my mom held her hand and they walked away. I didn't know why such a simple scene would be this painful. She didn't even assure and comforted me first about Grandmama's condition. She didn't even ask how I feel about all of this. She didn't care to ask if I'm okay.

I took a deep breath and held in the tears. Zyan touch my hand and slightly squeeze it.

I glance at him and smiled. "Can you get me out of here? I need a drink."

He stared at me with worry. I can sense he's trying to read my emotions with that soulful stare. He sighed. He took off his coat and put it around me. I am still wearing the sexy, revealing outfit I wore from the bar.

He led me out of the hospital. He opened the car door for me and I went inside his car.

I closed my eyes and rested my head on the seat. "What will happen to me now?"

It broke my heart to say that out loud. But I want to hear it from another person. I want to fully sink it in on my brain. I want to face this reality.

"Don't worry about it too much. We'll figure it out." He said it like a promise. Na para bang maayos ang lahat bukas agad. Like I didn't just lose the family I have to another.

"How?" I whispered brokenly.

I glance at him and shook my head. "I am not a Candelanza, Zyan. Will they give me back to my real family? Sa nanay nung babaeng iyon...na nanay ko pala? Ganun lang ba kadali iyon?"

Tears formed in my eyes and this time; I couldn't stop them from falling. He stopped the car and parked it on the side of the road.

I didn't know I need it but when he pulled me in his arms and embraced me, I feel secured. I feel like my worries are nothing compared to the strong pair of arms holding me. I cried silently on his shoulders as he held me and caressed my back to make me feel better.

"Ayokong harapin 'to. I want to just run away... and escape. I've never known any other way to live, Zyan. I grew up like this...I can't live another way."

Totoo nga. Kapag nasa taas ka, sobrang taas at sobrang sakit din ng bagsak mo.
I didn't wanna be someone else. To me, I am the only Blaire Fenella Candelanza. The princess and the heiress of the Candelanzas. How can I live as someone else?

"You will never have to run away, Blaire. You can run to me. " He told me softly. He held my hand and caressed the ring he gave me on my finger.

What he said only hurt me more. Do I even have the right to be his fiancée? It's only a matter of time now, before our engagement will be called off. His embraced tightened on me and I hugged him just the same.

'You can run to me.' I really wished that was true...

He took me to his condo unit. I ended up drowning myself with alcohol and tears. He was there. He listened to all my rants and worries, he comforted me, he wiped my tears when I cried and I didn't know why... but right at that moment, with him, I wished more than anything that I am a Candelanza. I wished I have him as my fiancée for real.