Chapter 9

Protect

"Saved... by a not so prince charming."

I am still shaken about what just happened and I have so many questions but he seemed to be in deep thought about something. I glance at him several times, trying to start a conversation but the look on his face kept me silent.

I wanna know where we're going. Kanina pa siya nagda-drive at wala siyang sinasabing kahit ano.

"Take my car. Clean up and make it look like their plan worked."

Someone wants me dead. I have a hunch kung sino pero and hindi ko maintindihan ay kung bakit. Lylian and I loathe each other obviously, pero sapat ba na dahilan iyon para gustuhin niya akong ipapatay? What will she gain out of it? The inheritance? The company? I may have a considerable amount of shares and properties under my name but I am sure that most of it will be transfered to her. Yes, a portion of it might be left for me but that's just that. Natatakot ba siyang agawin ko sa kanya iyon? I have no right, and I don't have the power to do that. Sa kanya na naman iyon since she is the real heiress. Kaya bakit?

The DNA test came out positive. Could there be a possibility that it was altered? Pineke ba iyon ni Lylian at ng mga taong kasabwat niya? At sino ang mga taong iyon?

I shook my head and sigh. No. That is highly unlikely. Hindi basta-bastang maloloko si Daddy. I am certain that he made sure, that the DNA test is legit.

Marami akong kaaway. I don't have friends, in fact. But would they really want me dead? At bakit ngayon lang?

The car stopped. Sa lalim ng iniisip ko, hindi ko na namalayan kung nasaan na kami. Sumunod ako ng bumaba siya ng sasakyan.

It's a two-storey modern house. May swimming pool sa harap and a terrace that looks like a living room. There's a couch and a sun-lounger on the side.

On the left side is the glass, sliding door. Sa labas pa lang ay makikita na ang modernong interior ng loob ng bahay. It's fancy. I was amazed the longer I looked around. The staircase is spiral and it looks so grand.

"Is this your house?" I asked in awe.

"Yes."

He took off his coat and sat down on the couch.

"Why am I here?" I raise a brow at him.

"Because you'll stay here for the time being."

" Why?"

Kumunot ang noo niya at umayos ng upo. He stared at me for a few seconds bago sumagot.

"Because I said so."

Nairita ako bigla sa supladong sagot niya.

"Really? At bakit kita susundin? Dahil niligtas mo ang buhay ko, ganun ba?"

Tumayo ako at lumapit sa kanya. His jaw clenched as he looked at me daring him.

"Just because you saved me, doesn't mean you've got the right to decide for m--"

I got cut off mid-sentence when he suddenly pulled me down, made me sit on his lap and kissed me. It wasn't just a simple kiss to shut me up. He tore my lips apart with his tongue and kissed me deeper. He pulled me closer to him and I moaned.

Nang tumigil siya'y pareho kaming naghahabol ng hininga.

"I'll lose my mind if I lose you. So please, I need you to just stay here so I can protect you."

I wasn't expecting anything like that from him. But his eyes, they were showing me exactly what he feels inside. My lips parted as I stared straight into those dark, soulful pair of orbs. He was worried, scared, angry, and there is something else I can't quite understand. I didn't know how all of those emotions could show all at once in his eyes.