GIFT SHOULD COME FROM THE HEART

Walking right next to me, her hair dangles like a pendulum, ugrhhhh...the word immediately reminds me of my physics teacher, who went on and on for classes together about the motion of a simple pendulum, I'm still waiting for the day I would be using that knowledge in real life.

"Myra"? She asks.

"Yes, Anvi... I'm sorry, are we late or something"? I would feel terrible if we are behind schedule.

"No silly... you are on time. Look its just 4.30. We are still on schedule. Shall we"? I finally see her relaxed self.

"A nod, a smile, a hug".... And we take in our bags and walk down the stairs...

And there he stands, her Prince charming, handsome, stylish, in shining armour ready to carry her across the world.

Anvi seems to blush just looking at him. Her smile widens a few centimetres more. A sense of pride and dignity fills the air around her. Just looking at her makes me feel like the world's bestest best-friend ever.

As she moves closer to her prince in shining armour.

(SPOILER ALERT!!)! I.e. ROYAL ENFIELD.

The ecstasy she feels and the earnestness to hit the road is translucently visible.

Though it's been a month now, every time she looks at it, a new source of electricity sparks her.

June 8th best-friends day I invested all my savings to get her the one thing she craved for since childhood. This year, I finally had the right amount of money to get her the present. I informed my parents about this, though they refused, scolded, told me I'm irresponsible, a lunatic, slowly they accepted. They are too softies ... they were ready to aid me up some of their savings as well. But I refused. I wanted it to be mine. And mine alone.

Though the response I got from Anvi was ridiculous. She literally didn't talk to me for few days, considering it stupidity, forced me to sell it up or return it. Like what the hell!!!!!.Uncle and aunt were even more furious than her. I got a few whacking's from them as well. Though I didn't mind it, Anvi not talking to me was intolerable, like come on , what kind of a friend gets screwed up just because she got her BFF  the thing she loved? I would tag along with her every single day, with a puppy face, until she finally gave in. OMG!!!! And cried her eyes out. Now I regret not filling those tears in bottles, they would have come handy. I have never seen her so thrilled in the past few years. She couldn't just stop crying, and telling me how much this means to her. I knew all that anger would be suppressed by love. That day itself, we decided this would be "ours"...

"Our" prized procession. We and only "us" would travel in it and allow no one else even near him. We named him Dhruv, and Anvi would look after Dhruv like a new born baby. The first time we drive Dhruv would be on a road trip, hence we waited for this special day to go on our first ride together.

Positioning my helmet. I tie up our bag packs.

"You remember your brothers driving lessons don't you"? I mock

"I would carry those lessons to my graveyard. Now hold still, and try not to fly away".

"Ha ha ha .... Very funny. Let's see how fast you can go".

Yeah, but before that...I have something for you.

So do I....

Standing in front of our prized possession

Standing in front of our prized possession...we say

....