REUNION

NILIMA

SURPRISE!!! Is the first word I hear in perfect harmony. Chuckling and moving away from their hiding spots. My eyes quickly darted on the look-out for Kamini. My secret diary, back then a day wouldn't pass by without a chat with her, I would feel life ain't worth living if kamini isn't there with me. There are nights sometimes even days, were I would visualise killing myself, just because kamini isn't there. What would I ever do without her.I can still smell the rose petals she gave me one rainy day. The envy our other mates had, In seeing our unity only strengthened our bond, the lame fights we shared, which resulted in teary eyes, freshed face and lots of forever and always.

How did things change, why did they have to change, weren't they perfect the way they were. I always imagined that when someone we love is parted from our life, due to circumstances(if it was intentional, who would even bother about that beast). Fate binds us with someone else.

But it had taken me 40 years to figure out, that the void filled by the person remains as a broken piece for eternity, and will always stay broken no matter what so wonderful happens.

A purple skirt, cream shirt all neatly ironed and attired. Two braids neatly woven just like a dignified student. Not even a single touch of make up, or any product noticeable. Those eyes would always look down, avoiding eye-contact as much as possible.
She walks towards me now a beautiful feminine, still shy. Designer chiffon saree , purple-radiating colour to her eyes, I was slightly surprised to notice that she wore those pearl earrings I gifted her, on our farewell day.

A broad smile pressed my lips, forcing to stay, my eyes flooded with tears, I couldn't just let her go. That's when I realised, I haven't been hugged, forget hug not even caressed for the past 10 years. Hugs aren't meant to be formal, the squeezing speaks love. She squeezes me untill I'm out of breath, finally due to need of oxygen we let go. And even before a word could escape.

All the 14 of us collide in for the warmest, craziest group hug ever. After a hearty laugh I order everyone to settle down, as I will be right back with some dishes...But Mansi immediately grabs my hands and says that everything is been taken care of. And that I should just sit and have the time of my life.

Even before I could argue, Pallavi is bringing in; glasses of juice , sandwiches, some packets of chips and our hallmark dish
              Dry Cut Mango Slices

Even before I could argue, Pallavi is bringing in; glasses of juice , sandwiches, some packets of chips and our hallmark dish              Dry Cut Mango Slices

Ahhh...a look at those and I'm already tempted. The entire living area has been decorated with fairy lights of varying colours. The red ballons, reminded me of the days when we used to compete between ourselves on who would blow the gigantic balloon ever. The loser would obviously be me.

" So how's the surprise , did you like it"  questions Tripti. God she has drastically grown tall.

"Like it? Are you out of your mind... I love it. What's the occasion by the way for such a huge splendor." I seriously didn't know what was the need for this sudden unacceptable arrival.