SWEETER PLACE

Myra.

The stink of dried up sweat, was malodorous. The usual routine was beginning to feel dreadful. Tired, I start hiking up the hill, I deserved this punishment. A lot of times Anvi had advised that an apartment at 4th floor wasn't necessary and you can always walk up to the terrace for a better view, but I never contemplated about her idea, I was hell bent on getting the 4th floor, care to know the reason... it's a simple math Anvi's birthday Is on Sept 13th sum it up 1+3=4... hence I needed that 4th floor desperately. Of course we have lifts.. If that's what you're wondering about, but I hate them more than veggies, after seeing movies like final destination 2 and wish upon... if you haven't seen them you are damn lucky.. I would never wanna get my heads chopped off from an elevator, nor fall from the elevator to my death. So I avoid them as much as possible.. It sounds hysterical to be scared of an elevator, but I just am.

I have always been so delighted to have reached my destination; It gives the vibe of victory. The flowering plants are neatly arranged in a dignified manner, and I notice Anvi is early today, that's like 8th wonder of the world, she's never home before 8.

"Knock Knock"... I shout out, we used to play this game when we were young. Confident she could hear me. But there's no sound from the "other side of the door".

I yell... "knock knockkkk"....... My next door neighbour, Ayush comes out... throws vicious glance at me and goes back. Gosh!!! What is she doing in there?

"Who's that" ... finally a reply comes back.

"Adore"...I call out.

"Adore who?" she seems to enjoy it as well; her voice is quite near to the door.

"Adore is between us!! Open up..."
We both burst into laughter as she opens up the door. It's been a while we played so dumb.

"Myra.. you are always up to something." Anvi hauls me inside still being eccentric..

"I've gotten something for you" she exclaims.

"Something's fishy, what's the news. Your early than usual, you have brought me something, let me guess, did... kiran propose you??" I know, she gets all burned up when I bring his name.

"Bottle up.. will ya? You know how he reacted on that day and yet you are ranting about him" she is not yet at the edge of madness, I can take this up a little bit higher..

"I heard, both of you have been getting along quite well for the past few days." I just threw some random cards.

"Ohh is it. How did you know?" she didn't look appalled by my questions. Maybe I was wrong!!! Yet, I do not give up.

"I have my ways... I have sent spy's to watch over you. I'm such a protective friend."

"That you are. Now gag up and listen. You wanna know why we have been getting along, cause he's been extra nice to me for the past few days." OMG!!! My plan actually worked.

"Which means..."???? I drag my sentence

"Shhhh... which means, he just wants some insight or some more theoretically knowledge on coronary heart diseases."

"What??? " oh no, now I'm at the end of the tunnel.

"Umm.. now I will tell you a harsh truth, you smell like shit, did you fall into the sewage or what?" she moved a bit farther from me, and sat on the lounge, crossing up her legs.

"Do not insult me" It is true, I did smell pretty disgusting.

"Why shouldn't I? Give me one good reason."