PUZZLES

KHUSHI

I take a quick glance in the mirror, a rich cream textured kurthi that toils till the ankle, matched with a netted dupatta, chandelier stoned earrings that danced in sync with the gaseous molecules, a fish tail braid to finish off my look. Now that I'm satisfied with my outfit..

Beep Beep .

A text message, it's from Pranav, he has booked a cab for me. Now that's creepy he's never been a gentlemen before. Now, now... his voice rather sounded nervous over the phone call. Maybe another personal issue, his family life is more complicated than a labyrinth maze, you get lost in it, trying to figure a way out. With thoughts juggling in my mind, I get down the stairs.

Where are you off to? My mom questions, her expression is stern.

To see Pranav, I guess it's an emergency.

Well, it's always an emergency with that boy, be back by dinner.

Sure mom, I will

Uff...the same scene for the 99th time, I don't know why, but mom was never comfortable with our relationship, she's usually very friendly with all my other colleagues, friends. Irrespective of gender but Pranav gives her weird vibes.

I open the fibre glass door, and the chill brunch breeze brushes all my thoughts away, walking towards the cab I get in,

"OTP mam"?

"1313".

The ride starts off smooth. I check the location for the first time, why did he choose this place? This is where we first met, we have never been there after that.

15 minutes later, I see Pranav waving at me.

"Bhai, drop me here".I tell him

"Theeke behan ji".

Even before I could give him the cash, he replies the cash is taken care of.

"Thank you". I move out.

 I move out