PROLOGUE

Pallavi

No one believes me, the harder I try to prove my point, the stronger their beliefs are confirmed. I don't deserve to be here. I have jumped directly into a lion's lair, my secrets were well hidden, protected, locked up and burnt in the deepest parts, where there is no possible escape.

Yet, a slight move in the wrong direction has thrown me in a place that's giving me creeps, a place I have avoided for that past 4 years.

Like money alone can never buy happiness, no matter how sumptuous a place looks, a cage is a cage even if it's polished with gold and studded with pearls and diamonds. Through the stranger's eyes, the cage looks dazzling and that the soul inside is treated with royalty, how little do they know that the prisoner is still combatting with all her might to destroy this cage.

The rich cream walls stare back at me, waiting for my answer. With the windows open, I might just jump out, if only I could fit into it. "Are you ready for it" Maya breaks the silence while she bolts the door. I'm not sure, if I should do it, it doesn't seem right on so many levels, but do I have a choice. She wouldn't just drop down the topic, would pester me until I agree, It's been almost a week now, and I have run out of ideas.
I have two options in front of me, don't we always! Either this or that. In my case both the options are bizarre, to grab a sword and fight her, I have been trying for months and have lost miserably at it or to end my life which she wouldn't grant permission to.

"You don't have to be so hard on yourself; I'm your best friend you think I would let you do something that puts you in trouble?" Maya places her hand on mine and squeezes lightly.

"Trouble? I did what you said, and look where it has brought me Maya!!! If you were my best friend you wouldn't be so cold-hearted. You knew!!!You knew it Maya. Why are you doing this to me?" From anger it all melts down to muffled sobs like a blazing fire that tends to melt droplets of wax from the candle ending its brightness, her presence kills the spirit inside me.

'Here....here" she tilts my chin up and directs my face towards her wiping away tears and cups her hands along my face and said.

"Trust me on this I would never betray you, they never believe you, but I do. After all you have gone through because of him, you cannot possibly imagine on forgiving him. He deserves to walk the path his former travelled, so.... Grab it now" and I immediately grab the knife in front of me. It wasn't me anymore, something else, someone else was the master mind for my actions and my body just obeyed their orders.

"Finish him off..." she opens the door and points her finger to the room next door, with tears clouding my eyes, I march in
.........

" she opens the door and points her finger to the room next door, with tears clouding my eyes, I march in