CHANGE

NILIMA

The evening breeze is bliss. Calming down the rushing blood vessels, ensuring that life can actually be normal when let all alone. Pallavi is calling me again for the 5th time.

"Where are you mom"?

"On my way" .

"How long will it take mom".

"Just 15 more minutes, I will be there. If you are hungry grab something from the kitchen, I have made snacks for you".

"Ok.. ok.. mom, you just come home soon. Bye "

Uff.. always in a hurry.

How quickly my life has changed. The hardest part is I cannot possibly undo any of my past mistakes. What's done is done. As a child, there were no worries, everyday would pass by singing hakuna matata, as a tween the only problem was memorizing tables ... slowly turning into a teen...the most important part of growing up I screwed up big time.

Usually till I was 15 my biggest problem was to solve a fight with my BFF..the reasons would be silly but still.... back then it meant the end of the world. The tears were real, the feel was real every single damn thing was real.The patch up after a fight was everything that I ever wanted. Throwing away our differences and hugging each other up.

Later it was when some dumb word called love that ruined my life. No no..love had nothing to do with the dumb-headed person I fell in love with. My friends used to always say "don't trust a person's words, trust his actions". How damn true had those words of wisdom been. If only I had realised it a bit early.

Love is never blind, we are blindfolded during love. Every little word he said would melt my heart, his touch would feel like drips of honey. I stood tall against all who rejected our union. I would throw a tantrum until everyone agreed that I would rightfully be married to him.

Crazy me... when everyone were trying to save me from the pit hole.. I whole-heartedly jumped right into it. Now, I'm surrounded only by darkness, still stumbling into the endless pit...no amount of effort would be capable to lift me up.

Once we were married I was sure my life is gonna be a fairy tale, sadly it wasn't, it was a nightmare. As soon as the marriage was over his respect towards me was gone..pufff... invisible...he didn't treat me like he should.

he didn't treat me like he should