Ashtrid

I asked for the bag tyler swiped from the booth earlier so i could get my bag of fruit. I took out a strawberry, and put it in my mouth. My mouth was filled with flavor as the berry burst with sweet juice. I haven't eaten anything except soup since i was a child. My foster family was very poor when they were alive, so every night we ate soup. The only days we didn't have soup was on special holidays like thanksgiving, christmas, and easter. We would have turkey sandwiches, and then we would get to play outside. So when the strawberry filled my mouth with flavor, my taste buds had experienced a new and amazing taste. I ate a few more strawberries, then i put them in the bag. I told tyler i would hold the bag for him, but he insisted. He was so nice, and so was Logan. They always smiled at me, and made me feel like i had a purpose in life.
"you alright back there?" asked Logan.
Yeah i fine. I answered back.
I pulled my hands over my head to stretch my arms, but i noticed that my finger tips were black. I pulled my hand up to my face to examine it, and i saw that all my finger nails were black. I don't know how they became black, because i haven't seen nail polish in a few years. I tried to scrape the black paint off, but it didn't even chip. After a few minuets of continues scraping, i gave up. The good thing was that i actually looked kinda cute with black nails. I started to think about what happened when i killed that man who was beating Logan. I didn't remember all of what had happened, i just knew i had killed the man because he was about to kill Logan.
Hey Logan?
"yeah Ashtrid?"
What happened the other day when i killed that man? What did i look like?
"Your eyes were completely black like coal, and you were covered with black flames. Somehow you were hypnotizing the man. He showed no fear, and he even walked up to you. You grabbed him by his neck choking him. As you started to suck the life out him he was not even screaming, and then he shattered to the floor."
I looked at Logan with sadness.
I'm a monster! i screamed.
"no you are everything but a monster Ashtrid. You did the same thing i would have done if someone was doing that to someone that i cared about. If that was you i would have killed him as fast as i could, even for you tyler. Because we are all family, we have to stick together." Logan said to me and tyler.
I looked at Logan and Tyler we had already stopped walking, so i walked over to both of them and squeezed them tight never wanting to let them go.
I love you guys. I said hugging them.
Suddenly, i heard a rustle in a near by bush. I unhooked my arms as fast as i could from Tyler and Logan's. I stared in the direction the noise came from. I saw a pair of large eyes starring right at us.
RUN! I yelled at the boys while running.
We ran as fast as we could from the creature. I turned around to find a large giant minotaur chasing us. It had the head of a bull, and the body of a human. Its horns were curved down near his face, and he had a piece of fabric covering his thighs. He had a large axe at his side clanking against his leg as he ran. I turned my head to see were i was going, because i nearly ran into a tree. We kept on running away from the beast as he caught up to us. I turned back to see if the bull was still running after us, but he wasn't there. I stopped in surprise. Tyler, and Logan stopped when they saw i did. I looked around for amy sign of the beast. I could not see it anywhere. I turned around to the boys, but they weren't there. I started looking around with panic. Suddenly, i was on fire again, i knew i was mad. I floated into the air searching for the beast, and my friends. I rose my hand then swung it down towards the ground. The grass turned black, and the trees burnt to ash.
Where are my friends beast!! i yelled.
As i turned i saw the minotaur jumping towards me with his axe in his hands. Suddenly, he stopped in mid air. He floated toward me with his axe. I grabbed his axe, and waved my hand over it. It turned to a long slim black sword. I rose it over my head, and swung it down on the beast. It fell to the ground, and shattered to a million pieces. The fire around me went away, and i fell to the ground. I stood up from the ground with my sword at my side. As i stood i was tackled to the ground, and i blacked out.