I - Truth and A Lie

It wasn't hard for you to come up with what could have possibly happened to Georgie Denbrough.

Obviously, there was a serial killer loose in Derry.

Not that you found the idea to be enticing, but that it was the only possible explanation for a six year old boy to have completely disappeared on a rainy day.

A person does not just fall through a sewer. No matter how flooded the concrete they walk is. Even if someone managed to lose their footing and get eaten by the metal grate, bloody puddles don't just stem out of sewer drains from accidental slips.

And where was his body?

Nothing was ever found within the sewage system.

This was the work of a murderer.

Almost a year has passed though, and no one has been apprehended for the poor child's slaying.

Apparently the police department was not alarmed to the point of catching said loose serial killer.

On the other hand,

You were.

Not alarmed.

Interested.

There were just too many coincidences and strange occurrences involving Derry children over the past few decades. Of course, you'd barely been alive for the two most recent ones, but after Georgie "disappeared" you came to the awful conclusion that something BAD was happening in this town and that all the adults just brushed it off regardless.

After said tragic event you started visiting the library more frequently, having finally realized a purpose in all of your past purposeless true crime readings.

How funny was it that all this time you had dedicated to murderers and mysteries from out of Derry was time that you could've put towards catching a local killer hiding right under your nose?

You made a journal. Well more of a binder.

Old newspaper articles, files on famous serial killers, old Derry history - anything you thought to be relatable to your research - filled boxes beneath your bed.

If your parents were to find all of your research, they'd probably think you were obsessed.

But you think it's more passion.

morbid obsession.

Passion for justice.

Yes.

Passion for justice.