XV - Purgatory

Once you had passed out on your bathroom floor everything had gotten out of your control.

You just lay there on the tiles with a faint smile on your lips, head leaning on the porcelain toilet bowl, breath a mix of blood and vomit.

Voices addressed you, your parents. You had no energy to respond to them. Like a dead slug you stuck onto the pristine surfaces with your sweat. Your mother had your father scrape you off and place you on your bed.

In your little drunken stupor all you could do was groan at the pain your body was in, watching your parents observe you with concern.

It must've been a sight to behold.

Your hair damp with sweat, clothes stained and wrinkled, scratches and dried up trails of tears running down your face. In just two days your default appearance had become a zombie, and they were honestly terrified.

What to do.

They left your door halted straight in the middle of its frames, letting the light from the hallway filter in. Their footsteps and discussion about you traveled away to the living room.

You closed your eyes and slept like a baby.

---

In your dream you were floating.

A red dress cinched at your waist and its skirt pooled around you like blood.

Dark swallowing you.

Screams drowning out your rapid heartbeat.

You were in hell.

You were being punished for what you did.

But what you did, you could not recall.

"You did this!" The voices cried out.

"How could you?" They wailed.

"You bitch."

Everything hushed as if the conductor who was in charge of the orchestra of screams all around you had whipped down his baton. Deadly quiet.

You felt yourself hit the ground.

A huff escaped your chest, you thumped violently onto your butt.

Opposite you a faint light suddenly appeared, glowing brighter with each second. The shape of a tunnel came slowly into view.

It looked awfully like one of the pipes in The Barrens.

A goofy chuckle came from it.

"(Y/N)," a voice slurped out, "I can help you."

"Help me what?"

"Live."

A pair of golden eyes gazed at you from within the pipe. Beckoning you.

Your dress burned at your skin. Both you and your flesh hissed at the searing pain.

"What's happening?" You shrilled out.

"The sin.

It's...

eating...

you...

ALIIIIIIVE!" It sang.

Its goofy laughter heightened.

Like that of a maniac.

As you melted into a painful abyss.

"Find me and I can help you live."