XIV - What You Wanted

"Aren't you already dead inside?"

You frowned at Beverly, who gave you a sly grin as she walked away from you. It was like the whole conversation between you two hadn't just happened.

"Make yourself live again."

The sun was setting lower. The day was nearly over.

The kids all ran off to their bikes and yelled out good byes, feel betters. They left you pondering what Beverly had just told you.

You imagined yourself going up to Henry and flirting with him.

Just the thought itself was ridiculous to you. If anything, Henry probably didn't even have it in him to like anyone. He probably didn't even like gi-

You laughed out loud.

Giggles fading into the golden sky.

Your mind turned back to the feel of Henry's finger jammed down your throat. Your blood coating his finger, pressed to your lips and your tongue - at that moment had engulfed your taste buds like a sweet syrup. If you weren't gagging from his finger being so deep inside it would have almost been pleasant.

It was like the taste of his dripping cuts leaking into your mouth when he had flipped you over during the fight. When his body pressed you down with ease.

A gnawing feeling grew in your lower belly accompanied by the rapid pulse of your heart. It came to you with each memory of Henry from the past week.

You laughed again, a little louder. There was something wrong with you. Something really wrong. It was almost like you had a thing for Henry Bowers.

Imagining him and the rest of the Bower's Gang setting Mike's house on fire and cackling like a pack of hyenas as his parents cried out for help inside of it was sickening. The scene of him killing poor Georgie Denbrough and feeding him into the sewer was infuriating.

The gnawing in your belly didn't go away.

This time a nervous giggle escaped your lips.

You thought back to your psychopath books.

Ted Bundy and his groupies.

You shook your head at nothing.

"No,no,no,no,no..."

A violent hiccup made you jump, sun setting deeper.

"No,no,no..."

Giggles and hiccups racked you so aggressively that tears started to collect in your blinking waterlines. The gnawing was so strong you couldn't continue sitting down.

Your hand shakily grabbed the knob on your front door, twisting it from side to side.

It was locked.

Another giggle. This time it wasn't yours. There was a rustle behind you.

You turned around fast and was met with the figure of what looked like a boy your age. Hair to his shoulders. Ripped muscle t-shirt loose but still clinging to his chest.

Your heart leapt to your throat, face burning as you found yourself wishing he'd come make the gnawing feeling go away.

When the figure was out of the shadows you saw it wasn't Henry.

Your heart dropped to your stomach, but the gnawing persevered.

It stood face to face with you.

Golden eyes peered at you in amusement.

"You wanted me to make that feeling go away?" He jabbed a finger into your womb and you cried out in pain.