An Ode From The Author

I, as an author, am obliged to cater to every need of a reader. It is not very difficult to see that in love and loss, writing is the writer's reprieve and sole company when in need of a friend. Adding on to that fact, some losses may be greater than some perceive them to be, some tragedies darker than one may imagine. In receiving this, it can only be the responsibility of the reader to, when recognizing these misfortunes, to not be disrespectful and to adhere to that morally pointed compass inside their souls. To the writer it is a relief to not have their mind mocked and misunderstood, and to the reader, they have found a friend in the one who has provided them a story.

Similarly, love is an emotion damaging and euphoric. It is an honour to feel when it is not perceived by others to be naive. When the reader is encountered with such a situation that a writer is expressing their love, passion, and appreciation, it would do to be silent and/or cheer the writer on. All emotions are human emotions, and we are tied together as one being, with one beating heart on this Earth. Every person is given the power to hold another's life in their hands. Do well with this power, for it is a great one. An abuse of this power would be to mock and gravely insult. Any such behaviour will not and should not be tolerated, to other readers, and to the writer.

As opposed to supporting an author, when the time comes that the brunt of offense is thrown, full-force at the reader, it should be known that in a considerate manner they should alert the author what they have done wrong. It would not do to tell them to censor what they have written, instead to inform them a trigger warning is to be placed. Consideration is a valuable thing. In consideration there is no room for misunderstanding. For many creators, creators of all art, whether it be visual or literary, psychological damage is prevalent in their works explicitly or through metaphors and symbolism. I will warn you, early on, that there will be potentially triggering subjects in this collection. Do maintain caution for your mental safety when reading this collection. If you do not heed this warning, then I am not to blame if you find yourself mentally unwell.

If the reader is mentally unwell, disabled, or has personal values that restrict them from reading certain content, then I will give a list of subjects that are discussed in the short writings. These subjects are considered taboo and/or dark for readers of certain ages. If the reader is not sensitive to these topics, please remain empathetic to those who are.

Potentially triggering subjects include:

1. Substance abuse
   - Substance abuse is defined as the abuse of chemical substances, such as drugs or alcohol.

2. Addiction
   - Addiction is defined as compulsive engagement in rewarding stimuli despite adverse consequences. Such addictions mentioned are of chemical substances (e.g. alchohol, drugs), people, and certain emotions.

3. Topics relating to sex and procreation
   - Such topics may or may not include sexuality, sexual assault, rape, sexual harassment, and/or genitals. This may not be prevalent, or may not be included, as this collection grows as I do. When the time comes that it appears, a trigger warning will be at the top, before the piece starts.

4. Self-injury, suicide, and mental illness*
   - Mental illnesses that are mentioned in this collection are anxiety and depression. Personality disorders mentioned are sociopathy. Graphic depictions of self-injury and suicide, too, have a place in these pieces. Due to the placing of this fact at the very beginning of this work, there will not be trigger warnings whenever these subjects are broached.

5. Graphic depictions of violence
   - The way violence is depicted in this work is through gore and meticulous detail. Those who are light of heart should not read this work, and if they choose to, they must exercise caution.

6. Major character death
   - It is as straightforward as it sounds. Dramatisation is common in my books, including this one. Death will be large and emphasised upon. Light heartedness has no place in the midst of gore and sadness. Exercise caution.

Each of these subjects branches into infinitely smaller sections. However, the umbrella word upon each section is enough, I believe, to summarise what may be sensitive to certain readers. Due to the early mentioning, I will not include warnings save for anything relating to sex or procreation. The reader should also be informed that anxiety, depression, and sociopathy are not the only mental disorders that will be raised to attention in this work. With that knowledge, reader discretion is advised.

To summarise, respect for the writer and other readers is mandatory and must be maintained. Psychological damage is not a matter for the reader to pin the blame on the writer, especially for the reason of no prior injunction. Prior injunction was given, and so blame must not be passed around. This work is marked as mature. And finally, to the reader, enjoy your time reading as much as possible. Feedback is greatly appreciated.

*The ubiquitousness of this topic, in any writing found here or anywhere else, is not meant to encourage or urge on such behaviours. For anyone who seeks help, the Crisis Text Line for self-injury for the United States is #741741. For the United Kingdom, the phone number is #116 123. The Suicide Prevention Lifeline for the United States is #1 800 273 8255. For the United Kingdom, it is #44 (0) 8457 90 90 90. For anyone who does not live in these countries, please reach out and find someone who can help. For those who are unable to call or text a hotline, reach out to the Wattpad Community and anyone who can help.