Nothing, Something, Everything, Nothing

April 10. 2019.

Had humans never existed, imagine what the world would look like. Peace, tranquility... with the exception of predators tearing their prey's flesh. But imagine how clear the air would be, how many species of animals would still exist. However, humans are here and infused into the world technology, war, violence, hierarchies, social classes, and SO much more that could be proven both beneficial for this earth or disastrous for humanity. But, lying underneath, there is still raw power from what we consider primitive and ancient times, and call it what you may, ghosts, the supernatural, magic, and yes, it is all those things, but the only way that we see these valued powers on Earth is because they escaped from a place, a sacred place, a place where all things that lived and were lost are found. What is this place? It is called the Parasphere, where all things that died are born again as spirits, and are sent down by the Guardian of the Parasphere to guard and guide misguided and unfortunate mortals, who shaped their dreams into their realities, they created and destroyed, and they lived and they died and they suffered and they cried and survived and thrived and became depressed and saw the light and they did SO many things with SO many terrible consequences but the benefits were there too. All because they started with nothing. And then they became something. And when they grow, they become everything and then nothing again...

Yin used to be happy. She used to smile everyday as she worked with her twin sister Yang, making magical remedies for their people, foretelling the people's futures, and cleaning the people's homes of evil spirits. She loved her sister, she loved her life, so what wasn't there to be happy about? However many times she fell, why wouldn't she be happy? She just became stronger. "Yin? Would thee mind coming hither and helping me findeth the talisman? The nice lady, Adeline, peradventure wast h'r name, needeth t. The lady sayeth an evil spirit is back in h'r home again," Yang said. Yin happily complied, searching through the shelves of their little home in the forest. Suddenly Yang shouted out, "Yin, don't ope that box!" Unfortunately, the box was already open and Yin was horrified by what she saw. Her late mother's thumb, cold and dead, with her wedding ring tight around it, and a heart next to it. Face fuming, Yin turned towards her sister. "Yang, what is this? What has't thee done? Is this how Mother hath kicked the bucket? T'was thee?" She turned away, incredulous and trembling, clutching the now closed box close to her chest.

"Please, keepeth thy voice down. Adeline is outside the door."

"Is the lady all thee care about? Wherefore didst thee killeth our mother? Wherefore didst thee putteth us through all this misery?"

"That is none of thy concern!" Yang snatched the box from Yin's hands, threw it into the drawer in which it was found, and slammed it shut. "Wench! T'was only thee! Tainting Father's valorous name with treason at which hour t'was thee? The crime of a true witch!" Yin, with fury evident in her eyes, grabbed her sister's hands, squeezing them, with the intention of breaking her wrists. Yang wrenched her hands away from her grasp, rubbing her hands which now had red marks on them. Enraged, she yelled, "Shut thy that from which we speak right this instant!" She went to their small kitchen; Yin followed suit, screaming and shouting at her. "Wherefore art thee hiding? Wherefore art thee such a recreant? Answer me! What didst thee doth to our mother?!"

Yang whipped her head around, a hand behind her back, and slowly stepped towards her sister, grinning insanely, eyes glancing around her sister's frame crazily before finally landing on her. Yin backed away until she hit a wall, and noticed what Yang was holding in her hand. A knife. Yang dragged the knife up Yin's arm all the way to her neck, not slicing the alabaster skin, but making her tremble in fear anyway. Touching the wicked point to her skin, Yang spoke, her voice dripping with venom, "If 't be true thee telleth anyone, and I mean anyone about this encounter, that box that lies in the drawer thithero, or coequal our mother and father, believeth me, I wilt findeth thee, and so help me t'will not beest a quaint sight at which hour I receiveth mine hands on thee. Get thee hence of hither. Grant me the pleasure of nev'r seeing thee again!"