4|Dubious Humans

"Why would I trust you Ava?",I asked.

She looked shocked and I couldn't understand why.

"What do you mean? We used to be best friends-"

"Exactly. We used to. You didn't trust me when I needed you the most Ava. I'm not the one who is selfish, it's you all who are selfish! Amanda spread the lies just because she wanted to be in charge of our group. You all listened to her because you didn't want the others to stop talking to you guys.", I spoke between tears.

Ava looked dumbstruck and couldn't form a sentence. Her mouth opened and closed like a fish in water, which was funny, but now was not the right time to laugh.

The bell rang, signaling that lunch was over.

I stormed out of the washroom past Ava, not looking back at her, when I bumped into June, who looked at me in an apolegetic manner. 

"Hey Jenny are you okay?"

"You don't get to call me that and I don't need your pity", I scoffed bitterly and walked to my next class.

She must've heard the conversation or looked at my tear stained face. It's not like she cares anyways.

                                                                                ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Everyone was staring at me. Probably because I looked like a raccoon. My hair was disheveled, my eyes were puffy and my face had tear streaks. 

I couldn't wait for this class to get over. I was going to get my test marks today-

"Good afternoon everyone"

"Good afternoon Mr Evans", we all sang in a monotone voice.

"I'll be giving you your papers back today."

Everyone groaned.

"Now now. You all must be excited to know who got the highest marks"

"Who is that nerd?", I asked, playing my role of the class clown.

"Well Jones, that nerd happens to be you", Mr Evans smiled.

ME? How could it be me? I hadn't even studied for it. Am I dreaming? Should I pinch myself awak-"

"Yes you Jennifer.", Mr Evans replied.

"Wait. Did I say it out loud?", I asked sheepishly.

"Yup genius.", Amanda said sarcastically.

"No one asked you Amanda.", Ava rolled her eyes.

What the hell? Why is she defending me now?

I went and got my paper and as I walked back to my seat, I felt a two pair of eyes burning holes in my head. I looked around to see June and Ava staring at me with apologetic looks. I gave them a menacing glare and went back to my place.

I mean what's wrong with them? Staring at me like owls.

I waited impatiently for the class to get over.

When it was over, I dashed towards the class door and out of the main gates. I couldn't wait for this awful day to get  over. All I wanted to do was lie on my soft bed and listen to songs on my headphones at full volume.

When I reached the main door of my huge house, the events of morning came flooding back to me.

Should I enter or not? Maybe I could run away to the Netherlands and live a happy life in the tulip fields over there. I already started imagining myself in the farmer clothes-

I was broken out of my amazing daydream when the door opened by itself and I saw my mom's face at the door. She immediately pulled me into a bone crushing bear hug.

"I'm really sorry honey for today morning. I should've listened to you. I was in a bad mood today. Ever since the big fire happened, Dave and I have been so stressed with work and finding clients who would donate for the factory's rebuilt scheme has been really hectic-"

"It's fine mum. I'm okay. Take care alright.", I cut her rambling off.

I made my towards my room and flopped down on my bed. I connected my phone to my headphones and blasted songs.I started scrolling through my social media, when I received a text from from June

JUNE- Meet me at the Octave park at 6pm

                                                                          Sent at 3:15pm

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

EDITED