Chapter 24

A/n: OML I'm so so so sorry for not updating. I was on a binge of anime and it's hard juggling all the fandoms. Anyway.. Enjoy!

Kris POV
My eyes fluttered open. A bright white light shone through a window. I squinted my eyes and groaned as I sat up in bed.

I rubbed my eyes and looked around.

Spot.

He sat in front of me on a chair. His head laying on the bunk as his hand was intertwined with mine.

My heart started beating fast. Spot stirred in his sleep and slowly regained consciousness. How was I going to explain myself?! I can't possibly look him in the eye.

As I was bickering with my inner consciousness, a hand broke my trance. Spot had caressed my cheek. Instinctively, I leaned into his hand. Sighing at the feeling of his warmth.

I glanced at him. He looked like a wreck. He was pale. He looked as if he hadn't any sleep. Tears started to well in my eyes as I realized I hadn't been there for him.

Spot POV
Kris looked as if she was about to cry. I was not going to let her go in any more pain. I pulled her into my embrace and held her as she began to sob.

My heart aches as I heard her whimpers. All those years alone... who knows what state she was in.

As time went on, her tears had subsided. Soon enough we just sat there in each other's arms. Soaking in the presence of the other, not daring to speak a word.

Kris lay in my arms, her head pressed into the crook of neck as her body pressed against my chest. I cradled her carefully, scared she was going to break or disappear.

I had been deprived of her touch. All those years felt as if I had withdrawal. Now she was finally here with me once more.

"Kris.. please talk to me" I asked.

I had no response. Instead, she just turned further into me and nuzzled her face into my neck.

I carefully leaned back and lifted her chin. She averted my gaze.

"Please look at me" I whispered, barely audible.

She slowly picked her head up and met her beautiful eyes.

Kris POV
I looked into his eyes. Those beautiful blue gray orbs I've longed all these years. His eyes were filled with so many emotions one could not decipher.

"Never leave me again. I can't do this alone"

"I won't. I'm not running anymore"

"Promise?"

"Promise. I'm no runaway"

END