Chapter Twenty Three~Asgard! For A Third Time!

Thor and I climb into the cockpit. I rush to the pilot seat before he can get a chance "Sorry Thor after Maliketh I don't want you to fly anything." I say. It was just a basic spaceship, not that hard.

The massive garage doors open. The ship lifts off from the garage. I push forward on the throttle. The ship zooms ahead. Two other ships fly out of the garage behind us. They've probably locked onto us as well "Damit." I grunt.

BOOM-BOOM!

They're both blown out of the sky by Val who is flying and firing. Bruce is with her, Val comes in over the radio. "Open the doors."

I look over the console and flip a switch. Val flies beneath us and ejects bruce from her ship. Thor and I hear an incoming scream of increasing volume. "aaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!"    

THUNK!

Bruce is shot up into the ship. Thor heads back and helps him into a seat.

CLUNK! CLUNK! CLUNK! CLUNK!

Our ship is being fired upon by another pursuit vehicle. "Shouldn't we be shooting back or something?" asked Bruce.

"Yes, we should," says Thor looking to me.

I look all-around before pressing in on the radio "Val where are the guns on this ship?"

"There aren't any. It's a leisure vessel. Grandmaster uses it for his good times, orgies and stuff." she answers, I mentally gag, should have known! "Did she just say the Grandmaster uses it for orgies?" asked Bruce.

"Yeah. Don't touch anything." I state.

CLUNK! CLUNK! CLUNK!

More fire from behind. In the middle of it, Val's ship explodes taking out a few others.

THWACK!

Val hits our windshield and grabs hold! Residual smoke wafting off of her. I pilot the ship out of the city into the Wastelands as six Sakaarian fighter ships race after us. Val is still on the windshield. One of the pursuing ships wings the Commodore, causing it to lurch. "Get inside!" shouts Thor.

"In a minute!" shouts Val, she pulls herself up and then runs down the roof of the ship. Thor and Banner follow the thumping of her footsteps. She jumps off our ship onto another and begins tearing into the enemy ship with her bare hands!

"I should probably go and help," says Thor, he abruptly exits, leaving Bruce with me. I begin frantically steering the ship, doing my best to dodge all the incoming fire. I peel away and is followed by a chase-ship. Bruce notices a button with a little explosion icon.

"Okay, come on. There's gotta be a gun on this thing. That looks like a gun."

I look over "Bruce! Don't touch anything-"

He presses the button. The ship's lighting changes, like a disco effect. Weird dance music blast over the PA, followed by Grandmaster's voice."It's MY BIRTHDAY! It's MY BIRTHDAY! It's MY BIRTHDAY."

I am severely confused. Then we hear fireworks. Massive plums of powder paint shoot out of the ship followed by a huge colorful fireworks display. And then a rainforest's worth of confetti is dumped from the hull!

And because of lack of vision, the ship behind us crashes into a rock, I smile at Bruce who pumps his fist in the air "YESSS!!!"

We see Thor and Val took out the other ships, I pull the Commodore back, hovering above them. They leap up towards the Commodore's open doors and join us cockpit. "Val, I don't know where I'm going. Wanna take over?" I ask.

She nods and I move to the other front seat as Thor and Bruce sit behind us "Guys, we're coming up on the Devil's Anus!" shouts Val. The ship's light inside gets tinted red and everything begins to shake "Here we go." I say.

Our ship is swallowed up by the towering nightmare that is the Devil's Anus wormhole. The ship's onboard computer shorts. Darkness in the cabin. All around us the hull creaks. Under strain. I grip the arms of the chair as we head toward the end of the wormhole.   Debris flies past and looking around we all seemed to be in extreme pain, as there's great concern the ship could be torn apart.

We could be torn apart.

******************************************************

I gasp waking up, we lived!

I look outside, the stars reflected in the windshield.      Thor, Val, and Bruce wake up too. Outside we see Asgard, a flat city in the middle of an island floating in space. "I never thought I'd be back here," says Val.

Neither did I. I thought my space travel days were done.

The ship descends into the clouds above Asgard. "I thought it'd be nicer. I mean, not that it's not nice. It's just, it's on fire." says Bruce.

He was right Asgard was in ruins. a devastated ghost town. Fires, wrecked buildings, dead soldiers. It looked like all hope was lost. I look at the controls "Here, up here in the mountains." I state. A projected map on the console shows the mountain where the stronghold is located. There is a red dot in the mountain, indicating where the Asgardian citizens are. "People clustered together. Hela's coming for them." I say.

"Okay, drop me off at the palace and I'll draw her away," says Thor.

"And get yourself killed?" asked Val.

"The people trapped down there are all that matters. While I'm dealing with Hela, I need you to help get everyone off Asgard," says Thor. "How the hell are we supposed to do that?" asked Bruce.

"I have a man on the ground."

"But not facing Hela alone." I state Thor looks at me "I won't stand by as one of my best friends dies."

"Do you believe in me?" asked Thor, I pause and nod "Then trust me, Illisha Heimdall will need your help, your shields to defend the people," explains Thor. I didn't like splitting up, but he clearly had a plan. I nod understanding.

******************************************************

Once we get to the abandoned palace we started setting up our defences. Val and I help Thor load a massive Asgardian blaster into the side of the Commodore. "Now the ship has guns," I say wiping my hands.

"We'll take it from here," says Val turning to Thor who produces a bundle of fabric with gold and white plating. "I found theses in the armory," says Thor. Val immediately recognizes its significance. She doesn't want to be affected by this gesture, but can't help it. We share a look as the Commodore lifts off into the air. Before we're out of earshot, Val calls down "Your majesty." Don't die. You know what I mean."

"Good luck Thor!" I shout and The Commodore flies away, leaving Thor on the balcony. Val and I look at each other before heading off to change.

 Val and I look at each other before heading off to change

Asgardian armor was pretty cool, gotta admit that. Val looks over at me and chuckles "What?" I ask "That's a cadet uniform." she explains.

"Yeah, it's cool! So are you." I say. She nods smiling at her suit before we head back to the cockpit, mentally preparing ourselves or the battle at hand.