Chapter - 17

YOUR POV

EUPHORIA BAR

Time seems to fly like an arrow as the busy days pass

Time seems to fly like an arrow as the busy days pass. It's already been 27 days since Kook came back. Even so, though... I have to try to push all that aside and enjoy myself, even if it's just for a little while.

Saya - "Okay, I'll be singing 'When you believe' next!"

Namjoon - "Whoa, you can sing, too?"

Y/N - "Yeah, and she's really good at it."

We're having an after-work drinking party tonight. After we've all gotten a few drinks in us, the mood quickly shifts to a karaoke free-for-all.

Jungkook - "Check her out. Those tunes she's pulling are something else. Aren't you gonna sing anything?"

Y/N - "I'm in charge of eating this food before it gets cold. I was busy all day, so I'm pretty hungry."

Jungkook - "You're gonna get a tummy ache."

Y/N - "I can't hear you."

I ignore Kook to munch on the fried chicken nearby. Joon comes over then to sit across from me.

Namjoon - "You're one of those people who sticks to the standards, eh, Y/L/N? Fried chicken and beer: the fine taste of sin. Here, let me have a piece."

Jungkook - "Haha, the heck's that supposed to mean. Joon sure has an eccentric way of describing things sometimes."

Y/N - "Haha, you're right."

Namjoon - "Oho, is Kook saying something right now?"

Y/N - "Um, well..."

When I panic, Joon laughs. Although I've already told Joon about Kook being back on Earth as a ghost, I'm still not sure how much he actually believes.

Namjoon - "Hey, if you keep staring at me with starry eyes like that, you're gonna make Kook jealous."

Y/N - "What?!"

Jungkook - "What's this old codger going on about."

Y/N - "Hey, knock it off You're gonna make him mad at you if you keep calling him 'codger' like that."

Namjoon - "He's calling me a codger, now? Well, we can't have him getting away with that."

Jungkook - "Y/N!"

Namjoon - "Where is he? Here? Or maybe here?"

Jungkook - "Namjoon! Leave off!"

Following my line of sight to his target, Joon lays a karate chop down on Kook's head. Kook dodges with a laugh... He looks like he is enjoying himself. I'm glad.