Chapter - 22

YOUR POV

EUPHORIA BAR

In response to Yumiko's voice, the air in the bar shifts, and

Y/N - "Whoa!"

??? - "..."

Crap, we just made eye contact. I feel like I've seen this guy somewhere before, though...

Y/N - "Wait, are you the guy Kook was talking to in the park the other day?!"

Death - "Hey. I'm Death. Nice to meet you."

I'm having a hard time swallowing all this at once, but... Come to think of it...

*FLASHBACK*

Y/N - "Kook who was that just now?"

Jungkook - "Hm? Death."

-----

I thought he was joking, but I guess it was the truth.

Y/N - "Um, Mr.Death...? Do you know Kook?"

Death - "Yeah. Guiding the souls of the departed is my job."

Y/N - "Kook actually vanished on me the other day... I've been looking for him everywhere, but I can't find him..."

Death - "You say he vanished? That sounds like a decision he made for himself then. Didn't he talk to you about the 30 days rule?"

Y/N - "He did, but it's still only the 29th day today... There should still be a little over a day left..."

Death - "There are times when disappearing voluntarily before the time limit can actually be the answer to everything. In those cases, accepting his decision may just be the kindest thing you can do for him."

Y/N - "You might be right. But even so... I don't want to give up on the time we should still have left."

I say firmly. He fixes me with a steady stare.