A Stupefied King and A Struggling Prince

Kongpob's POV

I was in the middle of my supper when out of the blue, a messenger rushed in, breathless. "Sire, Sire, a human has been found on our land. A HUMAN!"

I practically dropped my spoon in surprise. A human? On our land? Never in the millennia of our existence had such an occurrence been reported. Of course we mermen knew about the ones who inhabited the land above ours but we never really associated with them. Nonetheless as King it was my duty to go and see the human.

I followed the messenger to the Healers' residence. When I entered the room, my breath left my lungs, because lying in front of me was the most beautiful man I had ever laid eyes on. Pale skin resembling the most heavenly cream, soft plump lips the shade of the prettiest of corals, beautifully sculpted nose. Everything about the man lying unconscious in front of me was appealing, divine even.

"What is his health condition New?" I asked, trying to fight any signs of attraction for the human.

"He was unconscious when we found him. Had inhaled a lot of water, we have flushed that out. He should be okay in a few hours."

"Where was he found?" I asked my General, Tay.

"At the far eastern coast, Sire. No one else was found. He may have been lured by the song of the Epiphany Brothers."

I nodded. "Let him have some rest. Treat him as you would any guest. But ensure that he can't run away. We don't know if he means harm or not. I will decide what to do with him in Court tomorrow."

I turned and left the room, but not before casting another look at the unconscious beauty. Before anyone could see where the blood in my body was moving to, I hurried back to my own chambers.

I didn't sleep at all that night. Images of the unconscious man littered my head and some other parts of my body as well. I couldn't help wondering what it would feel like to be buried inside him. I slapped my forehead to rid myself of any such thoughts.

I had always been bordering on asexuality. I rarely felt attraction for anyone. I had had a lot of sexual endeavours but I didn't enjoy it as such. Yet, here I was, losing my sanity over a man I had just man, and not just any man, a human. What is wrong with me?!

************************

I walked into Court with my General and supervisor beside me. I was somewhat anxious to meet the man. He had kept me awake the entire night and that was before I had even seen him conscious. What if I lost my sanity completely now?

My thoughts were interrupted when my eyes locked with a pair of raven eyes. Instantly I knew who this person was, the Human. I felt his eyes rake over me, mouth hanging open in shock. Was I that ugly to a human? I felt a twinge of disappointment course through my body but ignoring it I walked ahead.

His eyes took in every inch of my body. When he looked up at me, I swear I saw something akin to desire in his eyes. His ears turned red all of a sudden and I couldn't help finding the guy adorable.

I took my place at the Throne and announced the commencement of the Court session. The first issue at hand was definitely dealing with the human. "Tell me, Guest Human, who are you?" I asked, trying to keep an even voice.

"I- uh-I am Prince Arthit, soon to be crowned King of Sotusalaxy." He curtsied in the way only humans do and looked at me, his gaze questioning.