The Prince Is Shell Shocked

Arthit's POV

"Dimitri?" I asked, disbelief evident in my voice. If Dimitri was here, was Kongpob also here? My eyes quickly searched the area but I couldn't spot the one I was looking for.

My mother and the Merman Supervisor both turned to look at me and Dimitri smiled. "So you remember me?"

"I remember everything. My memories... they are still intact. You didn't really cast any enchantment did you?"

"Oh no, the enchantment was cast. But the enchantment doesn't work in one case, if the person has something which ties them to the memories they want to forget, like a souvenir. It could be anything owned by any resident of Andromeia with whom you have close memories, something belonging to them which they give to you for keeping, something like a gift maybe. But for you..."  he let his sentence hang as his eyes went to my stomach.

I covered my belly protectively, fear rising in my throat. "What do you mean?" I asked, trying to keep my fear from showing. I don't think I succeeded.

"Arthit, I know you are carrying Kongpob's babies. My intention is not to harm you."

I took a step backwards, I couldn't trust anyone with my child's life. But wait what did he just say, "Did you say babies? As in plural?"

"Didn't you know? You are carrying twins." My mother spoke up. I had completely forgotten about her and I looked at her, bewildered. She knew! I was pretty sure she would try to harm my baby, or babies, whichever.

"H-how d-do you k-k-know?" I stuttered.

"I have known for a very long time, my child. Since you came back. Also, I overheard your conversations with May. I tried to get out some details from her, but she wouldn't open her mouth."

That's it! I knew my mother would harm my children. I took another step backwards, prepared to run away if required. Dimitri took a step towards me but I yelled, "Don't come near me. I won't let anyone do anything bad to my babies. D-don't think me to be weak. And why in heaven's name are you here Dimitri?"

"No one is going to harm your babies, Arthit. Calm down. Take a seat, we will explain everything." My mother said, pointing to one of the rocks.

I looked at them for a long while, deciding whether or not I could trust them. Something told me I shouldn't, but something else kept bugging my heart. She was my mother after all, and Dimitri was like family to Kongpob. I cautiously took a seat on a big rock as far away from them as possible. "Fine, I will listen to you. But please, please don't harm my babies." I requested.

My mother passed me a warm smile and Dimitri started speaking, "First things first, I am here because your mother summoned me here. We had to talk about a few things."

"Wait, she summoned you? How? How do you two even know each other?" I interjected. I had gone through so many books to find a way to contact Kongpob. How the hell did my mother do it?

"Patience, my boy. I assume New and Gun had told you about the Pact right?" I nodded. "What they didn't tell you is that there was a prophecy given by Sebastius, Harmony and Tranvough, the three magicians.

The World we divide into three,
The powers are thus divided amongst
Sky, earth and sea.
One day again, we will unite
Come together, led by light.
Child of the Fallen Angel and the Land Mortal
Destined to be with the Guardian of the Sea.
When these two breed kin of their own
The powers will merge again,
This we prophecise with our blood on stone.