Before We Say Goodbye

Arthit's POV

I stood in front of the mirror as I took in my reflection. It was my last day here, I would be leaving tomorrow and the Kingdom had hosted a ball for my farewell. I wanted to look good, for Kongpob. I knew our fate but one last time, at least.

I wore a shirt that I got New to get stitched for me. It ran deep, exposing my chest a little and I knew Kongpob loved kissing my skin. My pants were tight enough to highlight my ass but not enough to be inappropriate. Then, making sure I looked good enough to make Kongpob's pants tight, I walked out of my chambers.

************************

I mingled with a few people, Gun and New in particular. They were upset about this whole ordeal too. I knew they too had begun to treat me as one of their own. Before tears could well up in my eyes, I saw the King descend the steps and the lump in my throat just got bigger.

When his eyes landed on mine, he gave me a small smile before letting his eyes roam over my body. I knew his expressions pretty well by now. So when he gulped hard, his eyes lingering on my chest first and then my nether regions, I knew I had ignited the feeling of desire in him. For one last time.

I stood by, watching him interact with his subjects before someone announced that the floor was now open for dancing. I hoped that idiotic King asks me for a dance. But he was nowhere to be found.

"May I have the pleasure of a dance with you, Prince Arthit?" A familiar voice asked from behind me. The King wasn't so stupid after all.

"Yes of course, My King."

Kongpob took my hand and led me to the dance floor. I heard a few gasps followed by a whole lot of cheering but who cared. His arms were wrapped around my waist as he pulled me close. I would have protested that that wasn't the correct posture for a ballroom dance but I was too busy inhaling his scent.

"You did it on purpose didn't you?" He asked me, half growling, desire and jealousy evident in his eyes.

"Did what on purpose, my King?" I asked innocently.

"That shirt, so deep and those pants so tight. Wait till I get you alone."

I smirked a little. Well, he might top in bed but I still had the upper hand. But his scent was making me extremely needy. Desire pulsed in my veins, my heart beating louder by the second. I wanted him all to myself, one last time. He twirled me around and I basked in the happiness I felt. For one last time.

********************

As soon as the dinner was over, I excused myself and hurried off to Kongpob's room. I wanted to make this night as special as possible. I had already asked Gun to help prepare the room like they traditionally did for wedding nights. When I entered the chamber, I gasped. It was beautiful.

Candles were lit everywhere and fragranced flowers decorated the bed and floors. We might never be able to marry each other and I might not remember anything after tomorrow, but tonight, we were meant to be with each other. I changed into the dress Gun had provided for me and waited for my King to arrive.

*****************************

Kongpob's POV

I returned to my chamber in a hurry. I knew Arthit would be inside, but I stopped short outside the door. I could smell fragrant flowers. I walked in and my heart nearly stopped beating.