18

c a l u m

SHE called me an angel.

Alexandra fucking Rosenberg called me an angel (and by that, I meant to say a girl replaced my name with the word angel).

Why was I so happy about it?

All I did after she said that small sentence was blush and smile. I didn't remember us talking anymore after that, though.

Even after Ashton dropped the three of us at my house. We'd just awkwardly smile at each other - Luke just laughed - and walked straight into our rooms.

Since when was I such a shy softie?

Michael wouldn't stop teasing me about it. Couldn't a 17 year old guy like a girl even a bit? Goddamn Clifford.

Uh, you just admitted that you liked Alex.

Great.

Glorious.

Amazeballs.

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

"Did I really just think about the longest word in the world?" I questioned myself as I stood in front of the full-length mirror which was stuck to the wall in my room.

I had on basketball shorts and a gray sweater my mum got me for Christmas last year.

My hair was a disheveled mess, apparently - sticking up in every direction possible and I was trying to smooth it down.

"Ah! Screw it..." I gave up and headed for the kitchen which I swear my mum was doing the dishes.

We'd had Hungry Jack's chicken nuggets for dinner just now. It was good.

"Hello, mother." I said, wrapping my arms around her neck as she dried the plates.

She giggled and turned to kiss my cheek before continuing her chore, "So are you people going to school tomorrow? I mean, I don't mind about Alex skipping it. It's you that I'm worried about."

"Aw, mum," I opened the fridge to fetch myself a glass of milk, "I like skipping school. Might just drop out."

I turned around to put the milk on the island and found my mum shooting me a death glare.

"What?"

"You are never dropping out of school, Thomas."

Laughing, I pressed down on my stomach to try and stop. "Mum, obviously I won't. What is there in life for Ash, Mikey and I if we drop out? Live under a bridge?"

"Aw..." she walked over to me and wrapped her arms around my torso. "I'm so proud of you."

I hugged her back, only to be interrupted by my non-stop-vibrating phone in my back pocket.

"You might want to get that, sweetie." and she went back to putting the dishes in the cabinet.

It was the group chat.

Well, it only consisted of Michael, Ashton and I really.

"Who is it?" my mum asked.

I unlocked my phone, entered the pass code and browsed the group chat on iMessage.

"Nah, just Ashton and Michael spamming our group chat. Nothing special..." I replied whilst sitting on the high stool, drinking my milk as my eyes glued on the screen.

Mike: Calum's got a crush.

Ash: Ikr. I heard what Alex said.

"You can actually talk to more than one person at a time?" I heard my mum ask and I nodded in reply. "Well, switch off the light later. I'm off to bed."