24

c a l u m

I kissed her.

My brain didn't even bother to do some thinking before I pulled her in and kissed those lips. A week ago I'd kissed the corner, teasing myself about it.

But now I did it. I kissed Alexandra Rosenberg on the lips and I didn't feel any regret because the moment we touched, she kissed back.

It felt so wrong that it felt so right.

I was pretty sure we had eyes on us as we weren't much hidden from the entire backyard completely. But I didn't have the care in the world right now.

At this moment, she was mine.

Was she?

Her lips were so soft they felt like cotton candy mushed on mine. I savored the moment and pretended that the world we lived in had stopped around us.

Right now, I wanted to live in oblivion and just be in this position with her forever.

With her hands on my chest and mine on her waist, we were the perfect misfits. As they say, opposites attract. And with the flaws she had, it only made me fall in love even deeper.

People judged her by her past, her looks, her outer side. But did those people ever think of getting to know her?

Did they ever think of just sitting down with her and talk? Talk about her past, ask what really happened so they wouldn't misjudge her.

All it needed was a heart.

I guess those people just had dark and empty souls. They didn't care to learn and try to get to know her better. Instead, they'd rather make fun of her and deepened her insecurities.

Well, I wasn't like that. Not me, not Michael, nor Ashton or anyone else I was close with.

Now, it felt like this was my responsibility: to take care of her; to make sure that she didn't hurt herself anymore; to show her how much she's worth and how beautiful she was; to bring Luke back to her.

Alex pulled back and looked down, smiling. I didn't argue with myself to bite back a smile either.

I let my lips grin freely as happiness bubbled inside me at the acceptance. At first I thought she'd reject me or push me away, but she didn't.

Despite her past, I thought she'd never let anyone touch her.

She trusted me. She must have. Or else she wouldn't even let me near her at all.

"Calum..." she looked up at me, the sun setting behind her only added to her beauty.

"Mhm?"

"Thank you." she smiled even wider, showing her pearly whites.

I shook my head and pulled her by the waist before leaving a soft peck on her lips and letting her go.

"Enough, Hood! C'mon, let's eat!" Ashton shouted and we all bursted into a fit of laughter.

I absentmindedly intertwined our fingers as we walked back towards the middle of the backyard - everyone enjoying the grilled food.

"Alex, would you like to help me in the kitchen?" we both turned around - hands still entwined - and found Ash's mother at the sliding door, smiling.

She turned to look at me and I gave her a slight nod, "Go."

As soon as she was out of sight, Michael draped his arm around my neck and let it hung.

"So..." we're both looking in the same direction - at Alex through the glass door, obviously - but I could tell he had a smirk on his face.

"Shut up." I grinned.