Watch Dogs of the ARK

What a never in a million years ship!  When Sonic Forces teasers came out, many people assumed that this mysterious new villain, we now know as Infinite the Jackal, had swayed Shadow the Hedgehog to the dark side.  Sega shared with us, images of Shadow fighting alongside this menacing new-comer.  Turns out it was an illusion.  We later learned, after playing Episode Shadow, that it was Shadow who turned this jackal evil by destroying his squadron and then beating the ego right out of him.  The commander then of course, threw a fit after Shadow called him weak and left him in the Mystic Jungle, shaking in fear.  Obviously, with this kind of backstory, the notion of these two ever becoming civil toward one another is pretty far fetched.  

In this fan fiction, I'm going to explore the idea of Infinite meeting a different Shadow.  However, I'm giving Infinite the same back story, which means getting along right off the bat might be tricky, even if this isn't the same Shadow who drove Infinite into tyranny.  I will give you a fair warning, that there is a mature tag on this story for a reason.  'Cause pairing the two edgiest members of the Sonic cast means well, their enemies are going to be dark.  Also, this isn't a smut or a yaoi, but it does have a bit of kink.  I do not recommend reading this if you are under 18, as it contains jokes and behaviors that only adults will understand, as well as themes regarding trauma that may irk younger readers.

Overall this is a sweet little story about two enemies becoming friends and ultimately, romantic partners.  If that sounds like your cup of tea, then you've come to the right place!  

I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it.