Eight

MAISY

The party went amazing. It was everything I could ever hoped for. Sure, it started off rough but the turn around was just what I needed to move onto my next phase.

I'm glad they had fun, but I was still struggling to give them that confidence I needed from each one but it was cool. I had an idea.

An idea that never seemed to fail.

I was now walking up to Caleb's house bright early the next morning with Liliana, Tamalea, and Dean, holding an extra large coffee from the crazy hangover we all had last night.

"So what are we doing today again after we get Caleb?" Liliana asked.

"Yeah and why did you get us up at 7AM to do it?" Tamalea then added sounding more agitated.

"After a night of drinks and on a Saturday?" Dean moaned tiredly.

"Trust me, it's all gonna make sense once we gather all of you guys together." I told them.

As I approached his front door, I knocked on it loudly. It soon opened as I saw his Dad, standing there bright and ready to start his day.

At least one of them knew how to start a morning off right.

"Hey guys! Isn't it a bit early for you? Who's your new friend?" He asked me.

He looked like a nice normal guy. Not bad looking at all. Very athletically built too if I might add so how the heck did his wife leave him?

"I'm Maisy Haven. I'm your son's and these guys new best friend." I told him confidently. They all looked to me happily and still a bit shocked. What? I think I deserved that title right now. "Could we come in and wake up Caleb please?" I asked him nicely.

"With a face like yours hanging around these guys...come on in!" He told me. Weird response.

I entered along with them and smiled as he gestured upstairs. "He's upstairs sleeping. Fair warning, he might not have a 12 pack like I do." He told me.

Okay, now I was starting to see why. I could hear Dean, Liliana, and Tamalea snickering behind me.

I giggled. "Thanks Mr. Schaffer."

"My pleasure." He answered before walking off into the kitchen.

I turned around as we walked up the stairs to his door, opening it up and seeing him sleeping soundly.

He was shirtless as I was told he'd be but judging by what I saw from here...boy had maybe not a 12, but a 6 was most def good in my book.

Wait a freakin' minute, what was I saying?

Looking around his bedroom, it was nothing like my house would have. It was more cozy and quaint. Decorated with space novelties, chess items, and science fiction genre all over the place. It was neat but cluttered.

I soon took out of my bag a blow horn smiling proudly and walking over to him, as the rest began chuckling and giggling. Quickly, I blew it as he sat up from his sleep looked ahead of seeing me.

"Maisy?! What the heck are you doing in my room?! In my house?!" he asked bewildered.

"Your Dad let me in. Thought I looked actually cool." I told him shrugging.

Caleb turned over to the front door of his room seeing his Dad, giving him a thumbs up smiling and walking away as we all watched him leave.

"Of course he did. Uh..." he said starting to cover up his exposed body. I wished he wouldn't. I didn't mind having a conversation with him like this for hours. "What can I do for you? Wait a minute, why are all of you in my room?!" He finished.