Ten

MAISY

I rushed into the gym about to meet up with Liliana to practice her cheerleading tryout routine as I walked in seeing her hold her pom poms reading the bulletin board on the wall  in front of her sadly.

I quickly walked up to her mystified as to what was wrong. We hadn't even started so she couldn't say she wasn't any good.

"Hey Liliana! Sorry I'm a bit late. Dean was making me do the worm with him because he hit the ball." I told her.

"No it's okay. It doesn't matter anyway." She said to me weakly.

"Doesn't matter? Why would you say that? Liliana this is your dream. Of course it matters if you do it."

"I know that Maisy but... look at the board!" I did as told. I couldn't believe it. "They canceled auditions due to their was suppose to be replaced girl, might be back on her feet from her injury before the year ends." she finished.

"How are they gonna compete if she's broken?" I asked her now annoyed. 

Nobody slowed down Maisy Haven's process. No one.

"Beats me! Apparently she's so demanding, she's never going to give up her spot even if she's hopping on one leg. But uh thanks for trying. Let's get some food." She said beginning to leave. I pulled her shoulders back.

"Oh no, no, no, no. This is unacceptable. Someone must do something about that then huh?" I asked her raising my eyebrows up.

"Please don't tell me it's going to be us." I looked to her sternly. "Oh man, it's going to be us?!" She groaned.

"You bet we are. Follow me." I said grabbing her arm as she followed along a bit fearfully.

As we got to the hallway into the gym, I saw two cheerleaders behind a table as the kids are purchasing school spirit supplies.

Me and Liliana cut to the side of the line and approached them. "Uh, excuse me? Where is Dove? She's the caption still right?" I asked.

"Dove? She got demoted to second lift girl. She kept hiring nobodies. I'm the new caption Stella." She told me.

"Well Stella, are you aware that you put up a cheerleading tryout sign for girls to join the team and then take it down within let's say 2 weeks all of a sudden with no warning?" I asked sternly.

"Yeah I did. She didn't want to give up her spot and who am I to tell her no?" Stella said.

Liliana sighed and began to leave before I jerked her back.

"Well, who am I to say to the judges come competition day that you guys are using a player who is clearly incapacitated to even put on her designer sneakers on, not wanting to give up her spot? This here is my best friend Liliana and our mothers are really, really good lawyers that can disband the team, sue the school, and you and your cheer robots can braid each other hair in the back of the building...by the dumpsters. Do you want that?!" I asked to her full of attitude.

The cheerleaders squeal and shook their head. "Ew no! That sounds horrible! I hate dumpsters!"

"That whole speech you just heard and that's what you got out of it?" Liliana asked.

"Exactly! So Stella..." I said now more nicely. "It would mean an honor if you put the cheer tryouts back on so Liliana can audition like other cheer celebrities intended." I ordered.

"Okay, okay!" She said nervously and handing Liliana a paper. "You get an exclusive tryout. Only you, you hear?" She commanded. Liliana nodded speechless. "If we want to keep you, we will. If we don't, then you get up out my face." She finished.