Chapter One

Gakupo walked down the bland halls of the bland school all vocaloids where to attend: Yamaha High. The only thing that seemed to brighten the dim lighting of the school was Kaito, his best friend's smile. Of course, that smile wasn't caused by him. How could he make him gleam as much as he did around Len.
Len and Kaito had a perfect relationship. They are your stereotypical cutest couple that you would see in the back of your yearbook. Unlike most times, the class didn't seem to care how gay it was. The cuddling, the sweet talk, and most importantly: the pet names. These all took place every single tome they saw each other. They were the perfect balance of popular and kind. How could you not like them?

Then there was Gakupo.

Gakupo's friends consisted of Rin and Kaito, though sometimes, he wasn't even sure of that. To anyone else, it looked like his closet consisted of nothing but solid colored sweatshirts and jeans. At first glance, they were some tough-guy that 'didn't need friends'. Once you got to know him, you saw the side of him he tends to hide, his anxious side. With this anxious side, came staying quiet in fear of saying something wrong. To anyone else, he just seemed emotionless.
Gakupo has had a crush on Kaito since the seventh grade, they were now in the tenth. Kaito and Len got together in the ninth grade, before Gakupo could tell him that he liked him. He endured through endless worried rants about if Len liked him or not. He did it because he wanted to be a good friend. Even so, he never lost hope that one day Kaito would like him back. So, he waited.

There was just one problem...
No one knew he was gay.

Yamaha High was technically an accepting school. The problem was the kids inside of it.

But how big of a problem could that be?

It was the first week of school for them, and they were all still getting used to the new classrooms and schedules. Luckily, the school day had come to an end.

"Hey, Gakukun!"  Rin hugged Gakupo from behind as he grabbed his books.

"Hi, Rin-sama." He shut his locker and turned around.

"Where were you today? I didn't see you."

"Well I only have Japanese with you, and you were chatting a lot with Miku."

"I'm sorry, I should've said hi or something at lunch."

Gakupo usually sat alone at lunch. He never felt like bothering someone if they didn't want him there.

"It's ok." He smiled at her.

"Kaito and Len are getting ice cream, do you want to come along?"

"If I'm not going to bother anyone." Rin laughed at this.

"Oh gakupo."

So, he and Rin went to get ice cream. He watched Kaito and Len be cute, and he sat there, not saying a word. He slipped out after a bit, making some excuse about homework. Each day, Gakupo began to fear losing Kaito more and more. But there was nothing he could do about it.