Chapter thirteen

Today was their 1 month anniversary. It may be strange for some to celebrate that, but that didn't stop Kaito from wanting to do something special that day.
"Hey Gakukun!" Kaito appeared behind Gakupo.
"Oh, hey Kai."
"Want to meet up after school today?" He had a hopeful grin to him.
"Sure," Gakupo continued staring at the ground. He knew what today was, and he thought it would be one of the most happy days. Before, he could never imagine being with Kaito. Now, things were... different.
He continued down the hall when he heard someone from behind him.
"You're going to stand him up, aren't you," Piko stood with his arms crossed across from Gakupo. He may be a bit over half a foot taller than him, but that made Piko no less intimidating.
"What? Why would I do that?"
"Because you always do."
"Why do you care?" he turned away, trying to get away from the conversation. It ended up working, leaving an angry Piko behind.

Why can't he remember?

After school, Kaito waited outside for Gakupo. After ten minutes, he finally came out.
"Hey, what held you up?"
"Nothing, what are we doing?" Kaito failed to notice the look of worry on his face.
"You'll see, come on!" He took his hand and started running home. He opened the door, and Gakupo saw the living room set up like a movie theater.
"Wow..." he smiled.
"Happy one month anniversary," Kaito kissed him on the cheek.
"This is... amazing."
"I wanted for us to have fun!" Gakupo felt a stab of guilt.
"Well, what movie are we watching?"
"It's called All The Bright Places. It's a romance movie."
"Okay,"
So, they sat on the couch sharing a blanket. Eating popcorn and mnms while drinking soda.
"I'll be right back," Gakupo stood up and went into the bathroom to check his notifications.
Kaito kept the movie on pause, amazed by the happiness on the people's faces. He hoped he brought that much joy to Gakupo. Just as he thought this, Gakupo kissed him on the cheek.
"I'm so sorry, I just remembered I have a project due tomorrow that I haven't even started."
"Oh... okay," Kaito looked down.
"I'm so sorry."
"It's okay," He kissed him, "Love you."
"I.... I love you too," Gakupo ran out and ran all the way home.

He was such a horrible person...

"What's your name?" He pounded on the table, startling the young child.
"I... I don't know," he looked down at his feet.
"You don't know anything! That's what's wrong with you!" He grabbed the child and shook him. He needed to remember. He needed this.
"Please... stop..."
"Tell me your name!"
"Ka- Ka...."
"Say. it."
"Kamui Gakupo..."
"That's it, now how old are you?"
"Nine, nine years old..."
His creation wasn't a total failure.