Chapter Twelve

"Damn, that place is depressing," He turned away from the sketch his brother had made.
"That place is real, it has so much we could salvage!"
"Like what?"
"Cancelled vocaloids."
The idea began to grow from there. There would be two testers, or scraps. They'd keep each other company until they would be released at 10. They'd find the scrap code and turn it into something new...

"You look tired, is everything okay?" Kaito asked.
"Yeah."
"Gakukun, don't lie to me."
"Really, I'm okay," Gakupo smiled, trying to reassure him.
"Okay," Gakupo went to his locker and sighed, not wanting to open it.

"Why should we do two, we could focus all our energy on one then," He asked his brother.
"Because, people need people. As long as these two stick together, nothing should go wrong."
"Alright."

Piko watched Gakupo walk down the hall staring down at the ground. His hands were in his pockets. Piko had to stop, after all, people 's problems spread like a virus. He wouldn't let himself get infected.

"Right now, his main problem is emotions. We hope to work out the issue in the next few days," his brother stated confidently.
"What about you?"
"We're experiencing some roadblocks with him. They should be worked out soon," one of the ladies put down her pen.
"Soon?" she asked.
"Yes."
"That's hardly an answer," she went back to taking notes.

"Hey Kai," Gakupo smiled at Kaito.
"Hey! Do you want to get ice cream after school?"
"Sure," he decided to go this time around. He hadn't in a while. Plus, he had been feeling a bit better today. He didn't want to waste that feeling.
So, they went out to get ice cream. It was a cloudy day, with big dark grey clouds. After getting ice cream, they began walking home. Kaito felt raindrops dripping down from the clouds on his head, and started making a bolt for home.
"Gakupo!" He yelled, trying to get him to come. However, when he turned back, he saw him in the open, smiling as the rain poured. Then he remembered.

"It's a shame isn't it," Kaito looked at the strange boy, who was staring out the window. He was the one who panicked after being touched. The boy simply titled his head, "The rain, we can't go outside for recess," Kaito finished his statement.
"I like the rain..."
"You do?" He nodded in response.
Kaito kneeled next to him, making sure to distance himself. He didn't want him to be scared again.

"You like the rain," Kaito smiled and walked back to him.
"I can't believe you remember that," he laughed to himself. Kaito began spinning around, so Gakupo joined him. They looked like idiots, but it was fun. They fell over into the mud.
"Shit," Gakupo said while still laughing.
"Come on, we can clean up at my house!" They took each others hands and walked back to Kaito's house. First, Kaito got in the shower. He rinsed off and changed into a tshirt and sweatpants. When he came back downstairs, he saw Gakupo sitting in the entry way on his phone, still with the muddy and wet sweatshirt on.
"You still have your sweatshirt on?"
"Uh... yeah."
"You can take it off, yknow," he said.
"I don't have anything on underneath it," Gakupo blushed.
"That's perfectly fine."
"I... uh."
"Here, I can go get you a change of clothes!" He started going upstairs again.
"Kai, it's okay! I'll change when I go home!" He said while fidgeting with his sleeves.
"Alright," He stayed and watched a movie, and then walked home. While walking, he realized something. For the first time in a while...

He had felt happy.