Chapter Ten

"This is ———-, he is a scrap too."
"Why..?"
"You have to use your words."
"Why aren't we called vocaloids, like the others?"

Today was the first day back for the Yamaha High students. Friends spoke happily of what they did over break, couples stayed close once again after being apart, and teachers tried to stop it all. Luckily there was one person they never had to stop from talking in class or getting to close with another person.

And that was Utatane Piko.

Even though he and Len were in a relationship, he wasn't so fond of the whole public affection thing. It made you seem like you were just doing the relationship for attention.  Surrounding yourself with too many people was a bad idea, because one bad thing spreads like a virus. Next thing you know, everyone has the Plague. One person always interested him though. Even though he was a total spaz and freak, he found interest in Gakupo. Not his personality or his looks, but the fact that he didn't seem to remember what happened between them. So, he was interested and annoyed.

"He's stable enough to be put in the real world."
"Perfect."

"Hi Gakupo!" Kaito exclaimed,
"Hey Kai," he smiled back.
Kaito was extremely understanding of having a closeted relationship. Even though it was sad that he couldn't be affectionate with Gakupo. But, when they were alone together, it was amazing. Gakupo seemed happier, and more open to touching. It was a whole other side that Kaito hadn't seen.

"He seems to have trouble with long term memory."
"What about short term?"
"We aren't sure yet."

"Hey, Gakukun?"
"Yes, Rin?"
"We need to talk. Now," she looked outside and back at him.
"Alright?"

Vocaloids were made of code, and that code was made to make them as human as possible. They may not have real lungs, but they have a substitute. They may not have a real brain, but they have a substitute. Really, the main difference with humans and vocaloids was that they could get cancelled. Cancelled vocaloids were the problems, they basically never made it past the development phase.

"Gakupo! Want to hang out at my place tonight?" Kaito asked while grinning.
"Sorry, I've got to write a paper for history..." Gakupo turned around and bolted home. Once he got there, he took off his bag and grabbed his headphones. He went for a run, trying to figure out what he had done wrong.

"I told you he was a mistake. We'll be releasing the other on Monday, he better be ready by then."

Why didn't he deserve to be happy??

"That's impossible!"

How had he angered the universe!?

"Well then cut corners."

He couldn't remember anything he'd done wrong....