Chapter 5

Your POV

It was the next morning after the party and I wasn't overly hung over, I hadn't even had the chance to drink much before everything happened last night. I never really planned on it either considering we had hockey tryouts this afternoon. I was up in my room just stretching and you know getting ready for the try out when Brooke knocked and came into my room.

"Hey." I greeted her as I stopped what I was doing and grabbed the water off my dresser.

"Hey." She replied plopping down on my bed as I looked at her. "Did you want to talk about last night? I was so preoccupied with those guys to actually check on you."

"Not really." I responded pulling a sweater over my head. "I spoke to Lauren this morning and she said Camila was doing a little better."

"That's good but I meant you." She stated looking at me seriously. "How are you doing?"

"Well, my face hurts a bit." I shrugged a little. "Other than that I feel normal."

"Okay, I just had to check." She smiled a little now. "That's what sisters do right?"

"I guess so." I laughed a little. "Never really had one before."

"I guess we'll figure it out." She winked stood up. "And good luck with the tryouts today, I'm sure you'll be great."

"Thanks." I smiled as she opened my door again to leave.

"Oh, and by the way, party at the beach tonight." She smirked. "I'm sure there's a few girls you wouldn't mind getting your flirt on with."

"Oh my god." I laughed fake groaning a little.

"You're gonna be loved up in no time." She winked before leaving my room.

I laughed to myself before I decided it was time to get ready to go to the stadium. I packed up my water bottle and a few other things in my bag before grabbing my keys and heading downstairs. I took a quick snack and packed my gear all into my hockey bag and threw it over my shoulder. I walked out of the house  threw the bag in the truck and climbed into the drivers seat of my car.

The drive to the stadium was quiet other than the radio softly playing in the background. I was thinking to myself about the night before, everything that happened with Camila especially. I was worried about her, I'd texted her this morning to see if she was okay but she didn't respond, so I figured it was best to leave her alone. I highly doubted she was going to go to that party tonight and I just really wanted to see her to make she that she was okay.

It didn't take too long for me to find myself pulling into the parking lot of the stadium. I looked at the clock and realized I still had a half an hour before the tryout began, that was more than enough time to get my gear on. I got out and grabbed my bag and stick from the trunk and made my way into the stadium and into the dressing room. Dinah was already there so I quickly grabbed the seat next to her.

"Hey." She smiled. "How's it going?"

"Alright." I responded looking at her now. "How's Camila going?"

"She's okay. She seemed more like herself this morning but still a little shaken up." She explained. "Thanks for stepping in like you did."

"I'm glad she's doing better." I smiled a little as I unzipped my bag. "I tried to text her this morning to check in but she didn't respond."

"She's a little embarrassed I think." Dinah stated and I looked at her confused. "I know." She nodded agreeing with my confusion as to why she'd be embarrassed. "She's upset with herself for getting that drunk and blames herself for them slipping something into her drunk."