Chapter 16: Die a Happy Man

Okay, I knew last week's chapter was a tease, hopefully, this chapter makes up for it!

Enjoy. 

~Bucky~

I was a goner, a complete fucking goner. I had been strong, I had held back, and I had done everything in my power to avoid exactly what was happening right now. But some things in life were just unavoidable, and Carter McPherson was one of those things. She wasn't the type of girl to blend into the background—she stood out like a sore thumb but in the best way possible. I might have hated that about her when I was a prospect or even a couple of months ago, but now, it was one of the things I liked most. I liked that she wasn't shy and that she was blunt to a fault. I never had to guess what she was thinking, cos she was always perfectly fine to let me know. So when she finally admitted that Rhett was just her second choice, I had lost all resolve. It took everything in me not to take her right then and there, but I needed more. I needed to hear her say it so that I couldn't pussy out. Cos once the words had left her mouth, I knew there would be no turning back, and it was exactly the push I needed.

"I like you," she admitted. "I'm attracted to you and I want to—" 

I couldn't even let her go on. I reached for her as the words were still spilling out of her mouth and kissed her the way I had been dreaming about for weeks. It wasn't soft or gentle, but I couldn't bring myself to slow down. I had been desperate, hungry for her for so long, and now that I finally had her in my apartment like this, it was like I couldn't control myself. 

I hadn't planned for this to happen, especially not after I thought my brother had sexually assaulted her, but after she cleared up the story and confirmed they were done for good, I couldn't bring myself to care about anything else. Bro-code had gone completely out the window, cos I knew if the situation was reversed, Rhett would have no loyalty to me anyway. Not else mattered but her and the fact that I literally couldn't go another second without knowing how she felt about me. 

In reality, I think I already knew, cos I had been feeling the same way for weeks, but I needed to hear her say it, and now that I had, there was no telling what I would do. 

I held Carter firmly against me, deepening the kiss as I slid my tongue into her mouth. She tasted like coffee and lip-gloss, but I couldn't be bothered to think about anything other than the fact that I was actually kissing her right now. It was the most glorious feeling in the fucking world, and I couldn't stop myself even if I wanted to. 

Not anymore.

It was too late

I urged Carter's leg up, wrapping my hand around it so I could hoist her onto my lap with almost no effort at all. Even as she straddled me, she seemed so tiny and fragile in my embrace. As she stood at maybe five feet tall, I was 6'4. My hands felt massive compared to her tiny waist as I held her in place above me, but it somehow felt so right. I liked feeling like I could protect her from anyone or anything that tried to hurt her. I liked knowing that I was someone she could turn to when she was in trouble. And even though I had gotten mad at her for it in the past, I wouldn't want anyone else doing the job. She was a pain in the ass, but she was my pain in the ass. 

I dragged my lips away from her mouth, only losing contact with her body for a few seconds as I moved my kiss down to her neck. The smell of her perfume was intoxicating as I let my mouth roam her silky soft skin and I loved every second of it. I was getting hard already and we had done nothing but kiss for a few minutes. 

Shit, if I ever did make it to sex with Carter, I would probably only last a couple of minutes. I was so horny for her that I knew the second I got in there, I was gonna blow my wad.