22: Basket Of Fruit - Michelangelo Merisi da Caravaggio

Not the best, but I wanted to take it easy w this one lmao also quick a/n at the end lol. And I appreciate all your kind comments and votes!!! (also I know I'm the one who chooses the paintings but I literally just now realized it's Michelangelo djdjjs)
--

THREE DAYS OF written exams had gone by. Now for the practicals, this year's was different than last time.

The teams were assigned based on several factors, and everyone was pit against a teacher they'd have a hard time fighting. (L/n) was with Iida, the class representative and Midoriya's friend. They'd fight against pro hero Power Loader in the third match.

It was bright outside as the two walked to their match, (L/n) a couple paces behind Iida.

"That seems like the best we can do, considering both our abilities," Iida stradegized as they covered their ideas. "Very well. Let's go, it's our turn to fight."

"Right."

The pair were smart, and always analyzing, calculating and precise. It made her wonder if there was some disadvantage she hadn't spotted yet that would risk failure in the exam, and her mind was busy poking at every possibility, every little nitpick that could get in her way. Her mental state wasn't the best at the moment, and she worried about the written exam.

(L/n) wandered around outside to the battle area, but saw Bakugou outside. She came to a halt when she noticed how he was just staring at a wall thoughtfully, his face hidden. He did that during the Sports Festival too...

"Iida, do you mind if I catch up to you in a minute?" she asked him.

"Not at all. I'll see you on the field," he gave her a nod and left, and (L/n) looked back at the ash blond who hadn't seemed to notice her yet.

Would it be good to talk to him? To wish him luck, ask him not to beat up Midoriya, or something like that? She couldn't tell if he'd be angry about it, but was still tempted to do so.

No, (L/n) froze in her spot. I shouldn't approach him. If he wants to talk to me, he will. I don't want to make him mad.

With mild reluctantance, she retreated after Iida, and hurried to mentally edit a few details to their plan. Midoriya would be fine, and so would Bakugou. Right now she just needed to worry about herself and Iida as a team. Standing there, overthinking something so small was unwise.

"Hey, stupid!" Bakugou called out.

(L/n) jolted. Her dog-like instincts made her anxiously go over to him, while keeping a good ten feet away (practice social distancing, kids) out of fear he'd tell at her or, hell, punch her for fun. At this point, (L/n) would let anything happen as she stood in front of him, a visible gap between them.

There was still a distance. She couldn't close it.

"Yes, Bakudan?" she said, a little on edge.

"You kept fucking staring at me like a damn creep, is there something you wanna say to me, idiot?" he demanded, glaring.

(L/n) instantly jumped a foot back, and Bakugou walked forward to her in an intimidating way that only made her want to back away again. He's mad at me, isn't he? she thought, even though she'd done nothing to provoke a sudden anger.

"Just... I hope it goes well for you and Izukyuu," (L/n) looked at the ground, a conflicted gleam behind her (glasses/color) glasses.

The ash blond tensed, and rolled his eyes with an exaggerated huff. He crossed his arms "Stupid (Y/n), you should be rooting for just me, not him!"