Chapter 1: Its no big deal...

water, its always so hungry, territorial as it brushes its fangs along Harukas pale thick skin, his fingers sliding into the liquid creating his own pockets to slide into, his body moves with the water sending ripples to the ends of the pool, taking small breaths as his head slowly comes up from the biting water. You can tell just by looking at him he was at home, not only that but ready for anything that comes his way for the tournament that is coming up in only two days.

Haru reaches his hand out infront of him reaching for the tiled pool wall slamming his hand onto it whilst gasping for air, the water drops drip down from his hair onto his nose before his shakes his head sending spots of water everywhere as his goggles slide down his neck.

"Wow, nice job Haruka, new record!" Makoto says staring down at him in the water watching as Haru rises his head up to look at him, but turns away not making eye contact.

"what did i say about calling me Haruka..." Haru replies letting out a sigh as he clenches his goggles that lay around his neck, resting on his collar bone.

"haha sorry Haru" Makoto replies rubbing the back of his neck with a small grin on his face.

Haru looks down at the water watching has his reflection wobbles and moves because of the ripples, the feeling of determination washes over him, making him want to win the tournament even more, not just for the team but, to show Rin how hard he has been working.

"One more time..." Haru says pulling his goggles over his eyes and turning around to face the long path of water ahead of him.

"Haru this is your Thirteenth lap, shouldn't you take a break? you're pushing yourself to hard" Makoto says with a concerned tone. Haru lets out a sigh before pushing forward and sliding back into the water, ignoring Makotos worrying words. Makoto stands there watching as Haru pushes him self, more than he usually does, whats gotten into him today Makoto thinks as he nervously rubs the back of his neck.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haru sits on the wooden floor beneath him in his home, crossing his legs under the low table in front of him as he presses a soft white towel against his dripping wet hair. He can feel his shoulders slowly getting wet from the dampness of his T-Shirt, and slowly making it down his back, giving him chills.

maybe i shouldn't have pushed my self so hard today, Haru thinks as he feels a small throb in his head as the towel presses against it his forehead, making him groan. Am i sick? he thinks with a worried look in his eye, making him go into denial.

"the tournaments tomorrow, there's no way i can be sick..." Haru gulps anxiously as a strand snot drips out of his nose making him sneeze.

Haru sighs loudly and in an annoyed tone, he closes his eyes, throwing his towel across the room before laying on his back. Great... i'm sick right before the tournament iv been training for, for four months...its to late to back out now, i cant, Haru thinks before placing his hand on his throbbing forehead, suddenly the light on his small green phone lights up, catching his attention, he reaches over grabbing it and flicks it open to see a message that makes his heart skip a beat.

"Hey Haru, im looking forward to kicking your ass tomorrow, so no going easy on me ok? haha, anyways make sure to get some sleep, you'll need it, and good luck : )" - Rin

The words he reads on the small screen, may be little but they fill Haru with happiness, his heartbeat begins to get faster and a small smile appears on Harus face, which is usually a rarity. He wishes he could be close to Rin right now, tomorrow seems like an eternity.

"i'm looking forward to it.." Haru chuckles as his cheeks begin to turn a pale pink as he imagines seeing Rins face tomorrow for the first time in a while. Maybe tomorrow ill have the courage to tell him finally... Haru thinks before closing his eyes with the phone pressed against his chest.