Chapter 12: Jealousy

It was two weeks until nationals, the big day, this is a crucial time for the swim team to practice and working their butts off, they needed to get stronger, and more prepared for the tournament, it's no laughing matter. So that's why I decided to give them a little boost Gou pouts to herself watching as they line up in front of her in their swimsuits, waiting for further instructions from their team manager.

Gou holds up a piece of paper facing towards them, it was their new and improved training resume, it was more intense then the last one, and much more difficult. You could tell by their looks they were scared by the amount of work that's been added to the resume, but deep down they knew if it could make them win, they had no choice but to push through it.

"here is your new training resume, I expect you guys to follow it exactly. NO SLACKING OFF!" gou raises her tone staring them all dead in the eyes.

"we understand Gou" Makoto and Rei says nervously, while slightly frightened by Gous angry face.

"Now! before you guys swim today, please warm up, I don't want any of you getting any injuries!" Gou yells again.

After being yelled at by gou to practice hard for the past ten minutes, they finally finished stretching their muscles and were ready to head into the pool to practice, today was going to be a long day. Haru stood in the corner near the wire gate stretching his arms and legs, his muscles were toned and strong, you could see the shadows outlining his curves and muscles as they tighten, which caught Gous attention making her eyes sparkle.

"what nice muscles" she mumbles to herself still staring. She was surprised by the amount of muscle he had gained in only three weeks; it was almost like he doubled his strength.

"Haru have you put on some muscle? You look more toned than you usually do." Gou asks walking up next to him, staring at his chest which seems to become a bit musclier.

Haru turns around seeing Gou standing behind him, she was staring at his muscles but that wasn't really a surprise to him.

"oh, yeah, I started a new exercise routine, and it seems to be working" He replies looking down at his showing abs. To be honest I started using Rins training routine I thought id give it a try, but I didn't think it would be this effective. He gives a small smirk.

"clearly. But don't push yourself to hard, got it!?" she squints her eyes pointing at him

"yeah yeah" Haru sighs walking pass Gou getting ready to dive into the crystal-clear pool. As he walks past her gou notices a small smirk appear on his face, which was unusual for Haru, she rarely saw him smile or show any emotion in fact.

"a smile?" she mumbles to herself, watching as he bends down clenching onto the pedestal with his hands and his eyes on the water. Then hears a loud splash as his body dives perfectly into the pool sending ripples to the edges of the pool.

Makoto stands there next to Nagisa, staring at Haru as he gracefully slides through the water, he really is like a dolphin Makoto thought to himself, watching as he takes gasps of air each time his head pops up from underneath the water. Makoto couldn't help but stare at Haru, he also noticed how much muscle he's put on, but that's not the only thing that's changed. His attitude has changed as well.

"is it just me or is Haru acting a bit different than usual these past few weeks?" Gou asks walking up to Nagisa, Makoto and Rei tilting her head with a confused yet curious look in her eyes.

They all look at Haru, watching him swim. "iv noticed to..." Rei says pushing his glasses up with a curious look on his face.

"he seems more...happy?" Nagisa says with a surprised tone but giggled a bit.