Chapter 5: The Ritual

“Summon us already” I voice came to my ear as I was sleeping.

I wake up early to prepare for the summoning of my God, the relic is still hanging on my neck since the preparation for the summoning is not yet complete.

I had already read the whole book given to me by Axel, it states there that different God’s needs different summoning rituals like if your relic is related to agriculture you must summon your God or Goddess to a bountiful field.

I scanned the necklace that is hanging on my neck it has the emblem of both the sun and the moon.

I decided to go to the sun temple where the trial happened, I climbed the highest mountain here in Bataan where the sun temple resides.

About fifteen mages had already summoned their Gods and I heard that Axel had summoned a mighty God.

After hours of climbing the mountain I had reach the peak of the mountain where the temple resides and it is already getting late.

When I arrived a man wearing a mask is already waiting for me at the top of the temple.

“As I thought you haven’t summoned your God yet then I will gladly kill you before you can even summon it” he grinned at me.

He raised a staff with a snake statue and chanted a summoning spell.

“Oh mighty and Marvelous God of Serpents removed thy constraint and step into the field of Humans, I summon you and obey thy orders Orphaned Spirit” he exclaimed.

A half man with a green colored skin and a half body and tongue of a snake materialized in front of him.

“Kill him Orphaned Spirit” he shouted
The eyes of the God shines into a deep black, it quickly approaches me and tried to hit me with it sharps teeth and claws.

I immediately grab a dagger in my bag and tried to defend myself.

It attacked me continuously as I move from side to side while evading all of his attacks.

“Dance of the wind” I uttered and I started to use the magus martial arts technique, I was able to move like the wind, I sprinted toward the man wearing the mask but I was blocked by the God when I was able to reach him.

I step back and catch some air for a little moment.

“Are you tired already” the man teases me.

“I am also tired letting you live a little longer so I will quickly end you” he smirks.

“Return to your vessel and be a weapon” he exclaimed immediately the God disappeared and it turned into a spear.

The man tackled me with its spear but eventually his attacks never changes so I was able to predict all of his moves.

I saw an opening to his attack and grab the opportunity to stab him at its side.

Blood spilled from the side of his stomach which causes him to increase his temper.

“It’s enough I can’t take this anymore, you leave me no choice but to use my greatest power” he uttered

He slowly removed his mask revealing his face with a green and red glowing eyes.

“Mystic Eyes?” I murmured.

“You won’t have any chance right now” he exclaimed while laughing.
I started to advance forward him using my danger I made a surprise attack by dodging his attacked and by throwing the dagger to his back but to my disbelief he already knew what would I do, so he successfully dodges my attack.

“I already knew what is your special power, too late you had made a big mistake showing them to me” I said.

“How can you say so” he replied

“Your mystic eyes are the mystic eyes of clairvoyance, trough it you can read my attacks like you already knew what would happen” I explained.

“Quite true but it won’t change the fact that I will kill you right now” he exclaimed.

Without even knowing he threw his spear to me like a javelin and it hit the chain of my necklace, the emblem falls down to the golden floor of the temple.

“Oh there is your relic maybe it would look better if I would destroy it first then I’ll kill you next” he shouted then laughed.

He once again summons his God in a man form.

“By the use of my command spell I order you Orphaned spirit destroy that relic” he screamed.

A mark from his hand shines then disappeared, the God approaches my relic and a spear came out from his hands.

He was about to destroy my relic when a bound field covered the relic.

“This must be the perfect time to summon my God” I uttered

I pricked my finger and poured a little amount of blood where my relic is laying to, then I started chanting the summoning spell.

“I hereby propose, thou shall come under my command and my fate shall be my sword, abiding by the summon of the Holy Grail, if thou dost accede to this will and reason answer me.”
A flashing light appeared at the temple and a man holding a shining sword materialized.

“Tell me are you my master?” he asked.

“It’s impossible you can’t summon a God without a magic circle!” the man exclaimed with confusion.

“You must have forgotten that you are inside my temple? and your very presence disgust me” the God said.

“Even if you had summoned him I’ll still kill you! Orphaned Spirit kill that God.”

The Orphaned Spirit move swiftly but the moment that he was about to attack the God, he was quickly cut into half.

The vessel of the Snake God suddenly disintegrates into the thin air and the man felt dread.

“Kill him with your Dagger” the God instructed me with no proper expression.

I stared at the poor man without doing nothing.

“Please spare me, I will give you anything just don’t kill me” the man cried in dread.

“Why do you hesitate?” the God exclaimed.

I turned around “I just can’t kill a person” I said in a monotonous tone.
From my behind the man made a wide grin.

“You’re a Fool believing in a lie like that.”

He grabs his spear from his side and threw it at my back but before he could even do it he was slashed by my God with the use of his sword’.

“Not all people’s story is true, and not all can be trusted learn to trust only yourself’” stated the God.
I nod at him.

“I ask you one again are you my master?”

“Yes” I replied.

“We don’t have a proper way of meeting each other” he stated.

“I am Apolaki the God and Warrior of the sun, I can control anything with high temperature” he added.

“What’s your name master?” he asked.

“I am Haise and the only thing I knew is magus martial arts” I replied.

“Nice to meet you Haise, I’ll do my best to aid you in your journey as so you can use me as you like.”

We shake hands and I build a camp at the temple.

“I’ll just make the night pass here” I uttered.